Customization of login page

Nicolas Micoud

Oct 20, 2014, 6:20:56 AM10/20/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to change information shown on the login page :

ATM, it displays :

Version:2.0.0.v20141017-1443
Database Version:201407231109_IDEMPIERE-2073.sql
Vendor:Supported by iDempiere community
JVM:OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 24.45-b08
OS:Linux 2.6.32-358.2.1.el6.x86_64 unknown
Host:nicoport

I've changed some zul files (theme\<my_theme>\zul\login) and i was able to remove JVM, OS and Host.
Now, i would like to show my "own" program version and display my company name in Vendor.

Everything is done in Adempiere.java

> For Version : getVersion() - it searches for a bundle org.adempiere.base.
> For Vendor : I can update the zul file, it searches for a package org.compiere and it doesn't find one, return "Supported by iDempiere community"

Could be helpful to have some AD_SysConfig to get those values (PROGRAM_VERSION, PROGRAM_VENDOR, ...) and if defined, take their values on the login page ?
WDYT ?

Regards,

Nicolas

Jan Thielemann

Oct 20, 2014, 9:31:14 AM10/20/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I would love to see this. I think having such things in the database (except for the bundle version maybe) is always better than hardcoding them.

Turker TUNALI

Oct 21, 2014, 4:26:49 AM10/21/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
It would be greate but it is something like "nice to have" not "must have".

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Oct 21, 2014, 8:52:38 AM10/21/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicolas, I like the idea, at this moment the defaults shown are thought for a test server, for production usage is not security wise to show the versions/JVM/OS information.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Nicolas Micoud

Oct 21, 2014, 9:53:48 AM10/21/14