Japanese Translation files are old

kub...@adempiere.jp

Oct 1, 2013, 12:43:37 PM10/1/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
My name is kubotti from Japan.
I found that ja_JP translation files stored in Bitbucket is very old files I created several years ago.
So, would you replace those trl files by new one?
I attach new ja_trl.
Thank you.

ja_trl_20131001.zip

Jerry

Oct 8, 2013, 3:40:47 AM10/8/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
HI kub:all the language Translation files are old too, you should or others who willing to edit it. maybe you can refer to zh_CN  ;-)     it`s a joke

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Oct 15, 2013, 7:18:48 PM10/15/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
My preference for this would be to delete all the translations on
iDempiere repository and open repositories with proper maintainers per
country, at release time we can coordinate to include or publish the
properly maintained translations.

What is community opinion about?

NOTE: I cannot be maintainer or guarantee a peer review for a language I
don't know.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

RMazouz

Oct 15, 2013, 7:46:53 PM10/15/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It's better to maintain all the translation here
https://launchpad.net/idempiere-localize

Thanks to Peanut Blake for iDempiere Translation / Localization Project

Br,

Raouf MAZOUZ

Le 16/10/2013 01:18, Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez a �crit :

Marco Longo

Oct 16, 2013, 8:52:15 AM10/16/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
@Carlos +1

We should think about the workflow for
- NEW COMMIT/RELEASE that needs traslations  ( i think it's not easy to assure that everythin NEW is traslated (not in a easy mode ) )

- PLUGIN Traslation

Havin a table  like this :

IDempiere 1.0c   ENG: OK  ITA:OK   BRA:OK
PLUGIN ABC     ENG : OK  ITA :NO  BRA:NO
PLUGIN ZZZ        ...

Regards,

ps: Italian translation is ready to be shared

Marco

Flemming Birch

Oct 16, 2013, 9:10:27 AM10/16/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com

@Carlos +1

I would say it would be great if the quality of the translation could be improved! I’m currently working on the Danish (native language) translation and to be honest about the current Danish translation, is that the state of the translation is what I would call very bad and in the best of circumstances it would be the standard of Google translate (Circus Danish).

/Flemming

Jerry

Oct 20, 2013, 3:09:06 AM10/20/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Dear all:
      I can share Chinese language package(zh_CN), which is edited by me, but there`s also have some mistake.
      If someone who want to get it, please refer wiki page. We need the spirit of share.

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Oct 20, 2013, 12:46:34 PM10/20/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I think as first step we need to summarize the status and volunteers for maintenance.

For such purpose I just opened this wiki page:
http://wiki.idempiere.org/en/Translations

Please add yours.

I would suggest to add languages at first level in alphabetical order and countries at second level in alphabetical order too.

After we have the volunteers for maintenance we can define if we need a central repository and workflow/tools to coordinate on release time.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Edwin Ang

Oct 20, 2013, 9:45:25 PM10/20/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've added Bahasa Indonesia into the wiki list. Btw, the current centralized translation effort has been started by Peanut Blake here:

I asked him to update when starting working translating to Bahasa Indonesia. It is based on changeset 921f874eff15 in https://bitbucket.org/idempiere/idempiere

Regards,

Edwin Ang

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Oct 21, 2013, 11:11:35 AM10/21/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Edwin / Peanutblake,

Launchpad seems like a great tool, but I have lot of doubts:

* how does the tool works?
** how are the terms created/updated/added periodically?
** I see 5379 elements in AD_Element table, and 9579 items to translate in launchpad - how are they correlated?
** can we upload actual finished translations? (i.e. es_CO)
** can it manage per-country?  i.e. es_ES besides es_CO with some little diferences

* after translated, how does that connect to idempiere
** a way to generate the XML files back?
** we need a new translation import tool?

I see maybe some answers are at:
http://www.adempiere.com/TranslationProject
is that info up to date?

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Hiep Lq

Oct 21, 2013, 12:34:08 PM10/21/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com

Hi Carlos.
I have a bit know-how about this tool.

* how does the tool works?
convert xml file of en-us as template.
convert xml file of other language as translate.
upload template, translate to launchpad
map file template and translate (launchpad don't smart to link file template and translate have same name. we must manual link it)

** how are the terms created/updated/added periodically?
only login and make a translate. have a review, approve mode.
can make multi translate but only one translate is bind.
to add new item for translate, add item to template and reupload template file

** I see 5379 elements in AD_Element table, and 9579 items to translate in launchpad - how are they correlated?
total translate item = item in ad_element + item in ad_field + item in ad_tab + .....  (all table_trl)

** can we upload actual finished translations? (i.e. es_CO)
yes.

** can it manage per-country?  i.e. es_ES besides es_CO with some little diferences
yes. duplicate translate of es_ES and upload it as es_CO. after two language maintain independent

* after translated, how does that connect to idempiere
use tool to convert format of xml idempiere to launchpad and vice versa
** a way to generate the XML files back?

** we need a new translation import tool?
no. use tool4po