Callouts/Events for a specific tenant in Saas environnement

Nicolas Micoud

Nov 26, 2014, 7:25:34 AM11/26/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

A customer wants all text fields in a specific to be in upper case.
We are in a Saas environnement and that should be enabled only for him.

My idea would be to add callouts for all those fields (and probably model events)
Those callout would take the content and put in upper case.
And the callout / events would be executed only if a SysConfig (set at Client level) is equal to Y.

My concern is about performance. I don't want to 'penalize' other tenant.

Do you see another solution ?

Thanks,

Nicolas

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Nov 26, 2014, 7:44:51 AM11/26/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicolas,

Maybe it can be worthy to implement VFormat for zk (actually it just
work for swing).

Maybe we could add a WebFormat column to AD_Column, AD_Field and
AD_UserDef_Field, and correspondingly AD_Field_V and AD_Field_VT

I haven't tested, but there is a patch for that contributed here:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/idempiere/bFdyTdOAkJ4/agMeqvO_6L4J

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Nicolas Micoud

Dec 1, 2014, 6:07:12 AM12/1/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carlos,

As it seems https://idempiere.atlassian.net/browse/IDEMPIERE-2020 won't be useful for my need, do you see another idea ?

Thanks,

Nicolas

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Dec 1, 2014, 11:07:55 AM12/1/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Nicolas, I think the modified IDEMPIERE-2020 can cope your need, otherwise your idea of callout+sysconfig sounds the correct approach.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Nicolas Micoud

Dec 1, 2014, 3:45:54 PM12/1/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carlos,

What would be the format to be used for that ? I don't get the 'logic' :(

Thanks

Nicolas

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Dec 1, 2014, 4:43:46 PM12/1/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Nicolas, same as swing.

For example if I want the C_BPartner.Name to be uppercase then I use the format
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
(this is 60 O's - as the length of the field is 60)

In swing you can write in lowercase and it will be automatically changed to uppercase
In the jquery approach if the user writes in lowercase nothing happens - just uppercase is allowed
You can add your own modifiers to jquery - I guess for names maybe you can use also apostrophes, points, and maybe others that could be included in a new modifier.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Adrian Barzola

Nov 8, 2016, 10:15:28 AM11/8/16
to iDempiere
Hi Carlos Ruiz,

I want to use masked input with mandatory fields, but the jquery fills the textfield with blank spaces by default and when I start to write the JQ modifies the string according to the new text but white spaces are still in the field, so when I click save the validation of mandatory fields doesn't work in that case. Please, can you help me ?

Regards,

Adrian B. Jupiter