iDempiere 5.1 announce

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

Nov 2, 2017, 8:03:38 AM11/2/17
to iDempiere
Hi community, glad to announce that we have a new release of iDempiere.
As usual every halloween I prepared the release 5.1 of this great open source ERP - getting better every day  :-)

So, would like to mention:

Our heroes
- Heng Sin - he pushed a BIG improvement to ease managing iDempiere in tablets and smartphones IDEMPIERE-3518
- Hiep Lq - he did a big work on architecture upgrade - libraries, jetty 9.4, eclipse oxygen, etc IDEMPIERE-3136

Special KUDOS to:
- Nicolas Micoud new post-it functionality IDEMPIERE-905
- Sponsored by TrekGlobal and developed by Heng Sin - implemented a way to capture terminology/translations suggestions from users IDEMPIERE-3438
- Hiep also added support to be able to move and reorder tabs IDEMPIERE-3426
- Markus Bozem added some nice features around IBAN / SEPA

In general, during this year the version 4.1 has been well maintained, and that's why you don't see a long list of features here.
For people that are stuck in the 4.1 version from previous year, I mean, people that don't update regularly the version 4.1, the list of new features is huge to be mentioned here, you can read a partial list here:

And of course thanks to ALL OF YOU, wonderful community because of your contributions, donations, testings, bug reporting, etc.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Hiep Lq

Nov 2, 2017, 8:50:09 AM11/2/17
to Mohemmed Bilal Ilyas

Lê Quý Hiệp
Email: hie...@hasuvimex.vn
Skype: admin.hasuvimex

Company: Thanh Hoa Fishery Import - Export J.s.c  (HasuvimexDL 47
Add: Lot E, Le Mon Industrial Zone, Thanh Hoa, Vietnam

Jose Orlando

Nov 2, 2017, 9:16:54 AM11/2/17
to iDempiere
Great job Carlos and your team. Thanks

Carlos said "wonderful community", is right.

Jose Orlando
Ecuador

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

Nov 2, 2017, 1:20:09 PM11/2/17
to iDempiere
Thanks Hiep.

Also something I forgot to report:

With this release I disabled jenkins to compile and release automatically:
- Swing client
- MacOS installers
- Solaris installers

The swing client is still working, but is really really not recommended anymore, it has always been unsafe, and is very obsolete in terms of new features against our zk interface.  So, if somebody needs swing client please compile it locally.
Or, as we have said before, if somebody wants to become the swing maintainer we'll be glad to talk about that moving it to be a plugin.

MacOS and Solaris compilation brought some problems for jenkins.  Hiep did some research and found there are ways to workaround it, but considering that those installers are of low usage we think whoever requires them can compile by itself.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Patric

Nov 2, 2017, 1:24:44 PM11/2/17
to iDempiere
Hello Carlos,

thanks for your great work and the new version and thanks to all the other members, who did great work on iDempiere too.

Regards,
Patric

Rao

Nov 2, 2017, 11:27:45 PM11/2/17
to iDempiere
Thanks for all the active support team and Kudos on the new release.

Jim Ballard

Nov 9, 2017, 11:11:21 PM11/9/17
to iDempiere
Hey, that's really great! Looking forward to trying it out! Thanks for what you and your team do.