Organization Tree in Role - What is it used for? Improvement suggestion

Jan Thielemann

Feb 28, 2015, 7:02:33 AM2/28/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
do you ever used the Organization Tree field in the Role window? What is its intended use? Just by the context and the description i would have assumed that you can set an organization tree instead of defining the organizations in the Org Access tab. Apparently that is not the intended use of this field.

However, what do you think about the idea of using this field to determine the organizations a user can chose to log in with?

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Feb 28, 2015, 6:35:58 PM2/28/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Jan, I think this was the initial intention but was not fully implemented.

I checked even Compiere code and I think it doesn't work there and
probably has never worked (not tested, just reading the code, so maybe
I'm wrong).

I tested the attached patch makes that field work.

But we would need to make it work also in MUser.getRoles.

So, I think we could deprecate it or make it work correctly, WDYT?

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
> --

RoleOrgTree.patch

Jan Thielemann

Mar 1, 2015, 11:39:15 AM3/1/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to take a deeper look at the code base. I would like to see this feature work rather than removing it.. if it is not to hard to implement.

Jan Thielemann

Mar 2, 2015, 5:30:24 AM3/2/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hey Carlos,
when i chose a Org Tree in Role, i can chose any of these orgs when creating a new entry in a window so the remaining question is: should a user be able to use the Org Tree organizations to log into the system?
Message has been deleted

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Mar 2, 2015, 8:44:19 AM3/2/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Ah yes, you're right - in my initial tests I was checking with a role that didn't have any org assigned, but then I found that you require at least the summary org assigned.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

On 02/03/15 a las 07:01, Jan Thielemann wrote:
About your patch: why chaning the way to get roles when commenting out " AND o.IsSummary='N'" in Login.getOrgs() is enough to get all the orgs from the tree.

Jan Thielemann

Mar 2, 2015, 11:58:10 AM3/2/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Suggestion:
-When no org is defined for role but the role has a tree, use orgs from the tree
-When orgs are defined and role has a tree, use system configurator switch to decide if either merge all orgs, use only the defined orgs or use only orgs from the tree
-Add System Configurator Switch with value like e.g. O (orgs), T (tree), M (merge)
-Make orgs from tree available in login window

Another question: Can you help me to understand how the editor in ad_org fields loads the organizations since there are all the orgs from the tree available even without your patch but i don't understand it completely by now. Am i right that the lookup is in response to load the list of orgs?