unit of measure convrtion

Sam-Hem

Nov 13, 2013, 10:33:27 AM11/13/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i have a scénario of purchasing items in kilogramme. And issue. Is in grame.how can i do it in idempiere. I know in produit window There Is a dedicated tab to maintain convertion ratio but at the point of issuing in internal use of inventory i cant select grame. System automatically picks original unit of mesure.

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Nov 13, 2013, 11:16:35 AM11/13/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Sam, there is no UOM on internal use inventory - the internal inventory
documents (physical, internal use, cost adjustment) are supposed to move
items in the product UOM.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

On 13/11/13 10:33, Sam-Hem wrote:
> Hi, i have a sc�nario of purchasing items in kilogramme. And issue. Is in grame.how can i do it in idempiere. I know in produit window There Is a dedicated tab to maintain convertion ratio but at the point of issuing in internal use of inventory i cant select grame. System automatically picks original unit of mesure.

Sam-Hem

Nov 13, 2013, 12:59:30 PM11/13/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
is there any way to facilitate above requirement. To make issues in different UOMs.

Bayu Cahya

Nov 14, 2013, 4:06:37 AM11/14/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hemal,

This is exactly a tasks that required by one of our implementations.

What you need to be done is you shall create some extensions or customizations through your internal use activity. We create an target UoM and Qty based on this UoM to this docs, and convert this quantity to product UoM. Lists of UoM available shall be taken from its own (product) list of UoM.

Hope this helps.

regards
bcahya

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 12:59 AM, Sam-Hem <hemal.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
is there any way to facilitate above requirement. To make issues in different UOMs.

Philippe Baumann

Nov 14, 2013, 4:59:36 AM11/14/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

In our case our customer does manage his product "cable" in kilometer and sells it in kilometer and meters.
The visible standard functionality in idempiere/adempiere supports only a conversion (in our case) from meter to kilometer. You have to define the smallest unit as product unit and the conversion functionality can convert it to every higher unit, if defined.
In Adempiere/IDempiere exists a feature to downconvert units.

Following steps have to be done:
1) Log in as SuperUser and go to System Admin -> General Rules -> System Rules -> System Configurator.
1.1) Change the value of Parameter  ProductUOMConversionUOMValidate from Y to N.
2) Now you also to define a unit conversion from kilogram to gram in your products.
3) test it and get a smile ;-)

Kind regards,
Philippe

Hemal Ekanayake

Nov 14, 2013, 7:33:47 AM11/14/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com

Hi ,

Thanks for the information. But small thing. when we are issuing/charging consumable inventories using the document call ' Internal Use Inventory'  there is no way to select the issuing UOM. It automatically picks original Product UOM. Do u know how to handle it there ?? plzzzz

Thanks,
Hemal

Philippe Baumann

Nov 14, 2013, 9:45:05 AM11/14/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hemal,
I thought it was not only a conversion issue for internal use inventory, but also on the vendor and customer side.
You are right, on document "Internal Use Inventory" is no way select the UOM. (see Carlos' answer)

But: What is the business case?  If it is only for internal use, why don't you set the amount of 10 gram to 0.010 kilogram?

regards,
Philippe

Hemal Ekanayake

Nov 17, 2013, 12:56:15 PM11/17/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
 but the thing is  oriduct info view does not show decimal places ,