SaaS - Jasper Print Format ; need filter

Nicolas Micoud

Jun 15, 2015, 11:37:38 AM6/15/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Our production instance has several customer (AD_Client_ID) which are totally independant.

The invoice print format are created with jasper.

Means that i need to create a process (AD_Process_ID) in System for each print format.

And then, in each tenant, i create a print format where I select the correct Jasper process. But there is a big issue there as anyone (who can access the print format window) can select any jasper process.

What would be the best way to handle it ? use @#IsAdvanced@ ? Add a new field on AD_Process to say "this process is dedicated to that specific AD_Client_ID ?

WDYT ?

Thanks,

Nicolas

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Jun 15, 2015, 11:45:20 AM6/15/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Nicolas, I think IsAdvanced may be correct approach. The person
configuring that must be aware of correct configuration and consequences
of doing it wrong, and that's the idea of IsAdvanced.

Same issue on "Financial Report" window.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Nicolas Micoud

Jun 16, 2015, 3:03:18 AM6/16/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for answering ; do you think it deserves a Jira ticket ?
I mean, i will do it for my instance, should I upload a migration script ?

Regards,

Nicolas

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Jun 16, 2015, 10:06:24 AM6/16/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Yes, JIRA ticket is fine.  BTW I was working on a multi-tenant installation and for some configuration was important that non-advanced users can read the configuration of advanced fields (as read-only) but the behavior we implemented was totally hiding the field - have you had the same issue?

Nicolas Micoud

Jun 16, 2015, 11:32:29 AM6/16/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
https://idempiere.atlassian.net/browse/IDEMPIERE-2685

Not sure to understand what you mean "can read the configuration of advanced fields (as read only), but hiding the field was ok here as i'm using this kind of Display Logic "@#ShowAdvanced@=Y"

norber...@multimageweb.com

Jun 21, 2015, 5:10:57 AM6/21/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
hi Nicolas,

i'm interested how you give user admin opportunity to create jasper report - debug- without access to data other clients. ATM i'm using internal print format engine with compromises well.

norbert

This e-mail is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. It is intended only for the addressees and may not be reviewed or used in any way by other recipients. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail and delete the message and any attachments thereto from your system.

Heng Sin Low

Jun 21, 2015, 11:27:40 PM6/21/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicolas,

I think one possible enhancement here is to create a special tenant level window for the definition of Jasper Report Process. There might be some more security and data access level related issue that needs to be addressed but I think it should be a nice feature to have for a hosted, multi tenant environment.

Regards,
Low

Nicolas Micoud

Jun 22, 2015, 3:03:13 AM6/22/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

ATM, users can't create their own Jasper reports and they don't have access to the Print Format window (they only play with the WReportCustomization panel)
Everything is done by me.

But i think in the future to give access to a 'lighter' print format window. That's why i'm starting to design it.

For the special tenant level for multi environnement, perhaps we should think of more specific needs (there is still the problem of users who can acces to multiple tenants (https://groups.google.com/d/msg/idempiere/HslZrKutadY/I_HUDrJEqM4J)).

WDYT ?

Regards,

Nicolas

Norbert Bede

Jan 15, 2024, 8:02:57 AMJan 15
to iDempiere
hi,

My assumption is - for jasper printing we need

- process (runtime) - iD has for each window and report based printing 1 dedicated - ATM jasper call this process - there is a ticket for fix.
- print format is for me as placeholder -  instead process right place jasper reference, attachment
- jasper itself define: data-source, layout - it represents the print format

changes
- add new window Tenant level Jasper processes - need help, how to set properly data access level - it is system now.
- we need to add jasperformat field to ad_printformat - allow upload tenant wide the jasper definition.
- we need to add toolbar button to allow upload jasper formats, which run java class validate jasper definition. can be custom each implementer would add own rules. (disallow insert, from only main table, etc.)
- change the code, support for printformat-less jasper printing and print format with jasper printing
- make some changes on print format when it is jasper based - eg no items, do not generate, remove them or hide, need serious proposal.

Our priorities are
A.don't define hundreds of processes, the fact process != print-format it is not legacy not being logical
B. move jasper definitions to print format itself system or tenant wide
C. allow print printformat-less jaspers printing and print format based
D. allow define tenant wide processes - then select them on format or in menu..

norbert

Nicolas Micoud

Jan 17, 2024, 11:26:00 AMJan 17
to iDempiere
Hi,

Ability to define jasper reports with all setup at tenant level would be great.
Haven't checked the code, but what about that suggestion which seems more simple?

Add a tenant 'standard' process for Jasper Reports (an empty nutshell to keep behaviour and help to manage access)

Use PrintFormat window to put all necessary stuff (jrxml files, images, ...) and fill the "Jasper Process" field
 - with a specific process (current behaviour)
 - with the new 'standard' process (new behaviour)

If the JasperReport field is filled, hide all sub tabs (only keep PrintFormat Trl)

wdyt?

Nicolas

Norbert Bede

Jan 22, 2024, 4:41:53 PMJan 22