Where is the code for the higher part of the Record Info panel ?

Nicolas Micoud

Dec 10, 2015, 7:57:45 AM12/10/15
to iDempiere
Hi,

I wanted to add the url that allow to open directly a record (https://bitbucket.org/idempiere/idempiere-historic/commits/6a3f9563c76523e4a362c69f72874e93dd9da42c) in the WFieldRecordInfo panel, right after tablename / recordID / recordUU.
But I can't find where the code is located !
In WFieldRecordInfo i only find the grid and the confirm panel.

Any hint ?

And BTW, should it be integrated in trunk  (according maybe to a SysConfig key)

Thanks,

Nicolas

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Dec 10, 2015, 8:28:14 AM12/10/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicolas, must be WRecordInfo.

I think this can be added to trunk - no need of SysConfig key - if I
understand correctly it is some kind of button that copies or display
the zoom URL, right?

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Nicolas Micoud

Dec 10, 2015, 8:32:42 AM12/10/15
to iDempiere
Yes, not button, juste simple text (like ID/UU)
This way, you select it, copy and paste it into a mail or skype

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Dec 10, 2015, 8:58:58 AM12/10/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Not sure about showing always that information in all windows that is mostly irrelevant and barely used, that's why I thought a button "Show URL" or "Copy URL" was better.

Maybe you could make the recordID an URL so, the user can "copy URL from the link" - don't know.

What does Norbert Bede thinks?  I like Norbert's concepts about usability and clean UI that he shown at conference.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Nicolas Micoud

Dec 10, 2015, 9:05:42 AM12/10/15
to iDempiere
Jira ticket created : https://idempiere.atlassian.net/browse/IDEMPIERE-2970

Just a thought : you can't generate an url for record with multiple parents.

Where the control should be located ? In WebUtil or in WRecordInfo ?

Nicolas

Nicolas Micoud

Dec 10, 2015, 9:07:42 AM12/10/15
to iDempiere
Yes, good idea.

Let's share some idea before going further. "we have the technology" so we will be able to build it :p

Regards,

Nicolas

norber...@multimageweb.com

Dec 12, 2015, 1:10:50 PM12/12/15
to iDempiere
hi,

i suggesting here introduce sharing concept - similar to jira and other systems.

  • phase1. add a new button "share" - atm will have function simple Ctrl+C - get the link to clipboard. this could be added inside to record info or left to navigation

  • phase2. i suggest implement tinyurl concept, means records user wants share will generate tinyurl, and copy it. tiny url could be stored in table like ad_tinyurl and implement a layer able to transform tinyurl's to real tables/records when opening from remote source (e.g. email). Important fact is Human readability and Security (i don't like to share internal record id's with outside world.)

  • phase3. we can add share record with "email" or user, and record will be assigned to "watcher" - means on each update/change/condition we will notify user/email. (similar to atlassian solution)
hope my ideas help define right direction.

Hiep Lq

Dec 14, 2015, 5:05:01 AM12/14/15
to iDempiere
1. maybe share with a validate code,
he will meet screen to input validate code, when it correct redirect to link.
sometime user use a public pc and don't clear history.

2. maybe add a timeout for url share. default is 1 month