postgresql 12 and openjdk 12 (on server)

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

Nov 23, 2019, 9:07:13 AM11/23/19
to iDempiere
Hi community, for testing purposes I installed postgresql 12 and openjdk 12 in the test.idempiere.org server.

On my basic tests it is running fine - would be great if community can conduct more extensive tests about these two components upgraded.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Heng Sin Low

Nov 23, 2019, 8:15:41 PM11/23/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
there's little value in testing support for jdk12, it is only supported for 6 month, see https://adoptopenjdk.net/support.html

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Nov 24, 2019, 7:56:17 AM11/24/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com

Yes, I wanted to test with java 13, but ConfigVM:76 requires changes on every java version.

I'm wondering if instead of having a list on ConfigVM, we would better have a validation >= 11

Or, externalize the list to a config file?

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Heng Sin Low

Nov 24, 2019, 2:59:04 PM11/24/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
yeah, >= 11 would do and that's consistent with the bundle's minimal jdk requirements.

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Nov 25, 2019, 4:46:04 AM11/25/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Ready, test.idempiere.org server running with openjdk-13-jdk-headless

openjdk version "13.0.1" 2019-10-15
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 13.0.1+9-Ubuntu-216.04.1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 13.0.1+9-Ubuntu-216.04.1, mixed mode, sharing)

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Nov 25, 2019, 4:55:09 AM11/25/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Too fast  :-)

I guess this means that is not working well with java 13.

The iDempiere homepage is showing the attached error  [ See Error500ServerError.html ]

Back to java 12.

Must we open a ticket for that error in java 13?  Or wait until next java LTS?

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Am 25.11.19 um 10:46 schrieb Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez:
Error500ServerError.html

Heng Sin Low

Nov 25, 2019, 5:20:46 AM11/25/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I think we can open a ticket for that. Not critical at this point but eventually we do need to fix this - probably necessary for the next LTS release.

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Nov 25, 2019, 7:56:26 AM11/25/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com