[v6.2] Issue with IDEMPIERE-2003 Capturing wrong numbers with numeric keypad when decimal separator is not dot

Nicolas Micoud

Jan 10, 2019, 8:24:05 AM1/10/19
to iDempiere
Hi,

Since I updated our internal iDempiere instance from v6.1 to v6.2, users complains filling amount fields.

Before v6.2 version, they could use the 'comma' or the 'dot' as decimal separator and it was ok.

Now, filling 25,5 give 255 as result.

I update the ZK_DECIMALBOX_PROCESS_DOTKEYPAD to N, but :
 - filling 25.25 give 25,25 : ok
 - filling 25,25 give 2525 : not ok (he comma is ignored)

Moreover, the decimal separator is no more the comma but the dot
(Before we read 25,50 in the field, now is 25.50)

I think the issue comes from those 2 commits :

https://bitbucket.org/idempiere/idempiere/commits/f09344f6f626f9f0af81addcfcf5b0b65e9b8df4
https://bitbucket.org/idempiere/idempiere/commits/c3ed784a4589cced6de8d6da21ffe523f47e9307

Not sure about the best way to deal with it.

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Nicolas

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Jan 10, 2019, 8:54:09 AM1/10/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Nicolas, can you please report:

Which operating system?
Which browser?
Which keyboard language?
Which login language?

On my tests I noticed those 4 variables affect the behavior, so I tested 20 combinations of those, maybe a specific combination is having problem.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Nicolas Micoud

Jan 10, 2019, 9:10:32 AM1/10/19
to iDempiere
Hello Carlos,

Which operating system? Windows 7
Which browser? Firefox (v64.4.0esr and 64.0)
Which keyboard language? French
Which login language? French

And what about the 'comma' shown as 'dot' ? Is it also linked to those parameters ?

Thanks,

Le jeudi 10 janvier 2019 14:54:09 UTC+1, Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez a écrit :
Nicolas, can you please report:

Which operating system? Windows 7
Which browser? Firefox
Which keyboard language? French
Which login language? French

Nicolas Micoud

Jan 11, 2019, 2:03:56 AM1/11/19
to iDempiere
Hello,

Doing some tests and debug on Numberbox.java
The separatorChar is ',' and groupingSeparatir is ' ' (same as v5.1) so I don't understand what is happening

2 screenshots :
v5.1 (which is fine)
v6.2 (which is not fine)

Thanks,

Nicolas

Nicolas Micoud

Jan 11, 2019, 3:31:26 AM1/11/19
to iDempiere

But I'm not sure this is related as the issue was not there when using openjdk-10.0.2

Nicolas Micoud

Jan 15, 2019, 6:21:54 AM1/15/19
to iDempiere
Hello,

Doing some tests and find out that the decimal format is ok when the field is displayed in grid mode :

When clicking on the field, the format is updated to another :

So as the amount can be displayed correctly.
I can't find where in the code there is switch of format when the field becomes the 'active' one.

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Nicolas

Sergey Schuvaiev

Jan 17, 2019, 5:36:56 AM1/17/19
to iDempiere
Hi!
the same problem when upgrading to version 6.2 for the Russian language.

If parameter ZK_DECIMALBOX_PROCESS_DOTKEYPAD is Y, when select idempiere language is Russian, a comma is always displayed,
and filling 25,5 give 255 as result for any keyboard layout.

If parameter ZK_DECIMALBOX_PROCESS_DOTKEYPAD is N, when select idempiere language is Russian:
 - filling 25.25 give 25,25 : ok (for keyboard layout En)
 - filling 25,25 give 2,525.00 : not ok (comma is ignored)(for keyboard layout Ru).

Are you found a solution?
Regards,
Sergey

Nicolas Micoud

Jan 17, 2019, 5:44:02 AM1/17/19
to iDempiere
Hi Sergey,

Can you confirm amounts are correctly displayed when the field is shown in grid mode and is not the active one ?

If yes, the solution is "inside" iDempiere as pointed out Carlos ("but probably a change in zk that broke how we implemented it")..
The challenge is now to find where :-/

Regards,

Nicolas

Sergey Schuvaiev

Jan 17, 2019, 8:40:32 AM1/17/19
to iDempiere
Yes, I confirm.

Amounts are correctly displayed when the field is shown in grid mode and is not the active one ?

четверг, 10 января 2019 г., 15:24:05 UTC+2 пользователь Nicolas Micoud написал:
Hi,

Nicolas Micoud

Jan 17, 2019, 12:41:18 PM1/17/19
to iDempiere