DocumentAction / Report are slow - maybe related to Apache proxy ?

Nicolas Micoud

Sep 18, 2019, 4:59:16 AM9/18/19
to iDempiere
Hello,

We experienced for several weeks some slowness when validating a document or launching a report.
That happens when the user logs using https://XXX.tgi.fr. If we logs "directly" (using the internal IP), the execution time is correct.

Reading other threads, we think that may be related to https://idempiere.atlassian.net/browse/IDEMPIERE-3840 and proxy configuration.

We are using Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) and here's the content :

<VirtualHost *:443>
    ServerName      XXX.tgi.fr
    SSLEngine                   on
    SSLProtocol                 all -SSLv2 -SSLv3
    SSLCipherSuite              !EDH:!RC4:!ADH:!DSS:HIGH:MEDIUM:+AES128:+AES256-SHA256:+AES128-SHA256:+SHA:!3DES:!NULL:!aNULL:!eNULL:!MD5:!SEED:!IDEA
    #SSLCompression              off
    SSLVerifyClient             none
    SSLCertificateFile          /path_to_cert/cert-file.cer
    SSLCertificateKeyFile       /path_to_cert/cert-key.key
    SSLCertificateChainFile     /path_to_cert/chain-file.txt
    ErrorLog                    logs/ssl_error_log
    TransferLog                 logs/ssl_access_log
    CustomLog                   logs/ssl_request_log "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCAL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"
    LogLevel                    warn

    ProxyPass / http://XXX.tgi.fr:8085/
    ProxyPassReverse / http://XXX.tgi.fr:8085/

</VirtualHost>

I can't find what changes need to be done (only for nginx).

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Nicolas

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Sep 18, 2019, 8:53:28 AM9/18/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I have experienced the same with both proxies, apache and nginx, in my case is sporadic and it tends to fix itself without apparent cause.

So, I tend to think it could be related with some network lagging.

IDEMPIERE-3840 is not in 6.2 and is not enabled by default in dev.

If you want to try it to see if is a problem with atmosphere+proxy - then you would need to set your proxy for the location /webui/serverpush as described there for nginx.

No idea how to do that - googling I find this that could be related:

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Vassili Kouleshov

Sep 18, 2019, 12:37:22 PM9/18/19
to iDempiere
I also experienced slowness related to reports and it does not have to do with proxy or network slowness.
It's a bug and only happens when you access the idempiere server via http, it does not happen when you access server by https.
Steps to reproduce
Step1: Create a document and open the report, it works fast
Step2: Restart the idempiere server
Step3: Go to same document and open report again, it works slow
Again this only happens in http, not in https

Regards

Nicolas Micoud

Sep 20, 2019, 2:07:12 AM9/20/19
to iDempiere
Hello,

I had to integrate IDEMPIERE-3840 beacuse of slowness after migrating sources in June.

I'll see if/what we can test with our admin (configuring a proxy is like talking Chinese for me ;) )

Thanks

Nicolas

Vassili Kouleshov

Sep 20, 2019, 3:06:42 AM9/20/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Try to configure communication from proxy to idempiere via https, not http, this will resolve the slowness issue

Michal Zilincar

Sep 26, 2019, 4:37:36 AM9/26/19
to iDempiere
Hi ,
experienced same problem as migrating to 6.2 ( btw thank you all for sharing all experiences and manuals how to mavenize project , helped a lot :)

We solved this with proxy configuration on apache. Problem was proxying of websocket. It was not working correctly, due to specification of idempiere wss.

Appache configuration that worked for me :

    RewriteEngine On

    # websocket
    RewriteCond %{HTTP:Upgrade}         =websocket                      [NC]
    RewriteRule ^/webui/serverpush/(.*)           ws://localhost:8080/webui/serverpush/$1   [P,L]

    # rest
    ProxyPass /webui http://localhost:8080/webui
    ProxyPassReverse /webui http://localhost:8080/webui

Actualy kudos belongs to Ladislav.Nagy :)

Nicolas Micoud

Sep 26, 2019, 10:47:35 AM9/26/19
to iDempiere
Hi Michal,