redhuan d. oon

Apr 18, 2015, 1:13:41 AM4/18/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com

Carlin,
I have studied your case and it may be a good catch if the attached GeneratedPOfromSO is what you think is correct. So please raise a JIRA ticket and i will give the patch. Then lets see what peer review of the patch says.

On Monday, 13 April 2015 23:08:39 UTC+2, Carlin Reed wrote:
1) For example, if we create a Sales Order with Delivery Via (deliveryviarule) set to 'Shipper', then we use that SO to create a PO (by 'Generate PO From Sales Order' function), then we see that the PO now has its deliveryviarule field set to 'Pickup'. It seems like this should instead carry over the deliveryviarule value from the SO to the PO, and I wonder if just some code should be added to the OrderPOCreate class to make this happen, or if there was a business reason to not do so...?

2) Also, I have a related question about the c_order.ordertype field:

Although I can see the c_order.deliveryviarule values for SO or PO within the Postgres tables, I noticed that it does not display on the PO WTF.

I see that its Display Logic is set as  "@OrderType@='SO' | @OrderType@='PO'" while the c_order.ordertype value seems to always be NULL.

(BUT this does not explain to me why I can see 'Delivery Via' on the SO WTF, when Display Logic is set as "@OrderType@='SO'", but again c_order.ordertype is NULL)

I looked at the SchemaSpy description for c_order.ordertype field:

"Type of Order: MRP records grouped by source (Sales Order, Purchase Order, Distribution Order, Requisition)"

...but that still has me confused why I always see c_order.ordertype as NULL, but the Display Logic for c_order.deliveryviarule doesn't seem to be consistent for PO vs SO.

I hope that makes sense - I'm feeling very confused over here, if anyone can help shed light for us.

Thank you,
Carlin

redhuan d. oon

Apr 18, 2015, 1:39:31 AM4/18/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Your case (2) could be another good but strange catch. How come its been there all this while and not really used? I searched the whole codebase to find no PO model on it other than some code trying to check it. Perhaps it is redundant to isSOTrx (is Sales or Purchase flag)? Lets see what others think.
Btw what is PO 'WTF'?

redhuan d. oon

Apr 18, 2015, 3:31:50 AM4/18/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com

It is a wrongly placed issue in Field Sequence. I put it back its OK. I will raise a JIRA and post a DB script.

On Monday, 13 April 2015 23:30:04 UTC+2, Carlin Reed wrote:

3) Sorry, I see one more related thing to ask: Is it normal/correct to see two 'Delivery' groupings on the PO WTF like this?:

(if so, then I don't think I know why...?)

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

redhuan d. oon

Apr 21, 2015, 4:18:04 AM4/21/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Carlin,
The gratitude is mutual for working together to make this the best ERP Software in the world. :)
I added a patch there so you can test it and tell me what more is amiss. Tell me if you need help how to setup your developer/test environment.

Kind regards
red

On Monday, 20 April 2015 23:10:16 UTC+2, Carlin Reed wrote:
(Also: Thank you, Redhuan - I forgot to say that when I was focusing on getting the JIRA ticket created...)
Message has been deleted

redhuan d. oon

Apr 22, 2015, 12:14:45 AM4/22/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Carlin,
Carlos is now considering it. You can read the tracker. I apologized on behalf that we did not title our topic with the word 'DropShipment' which does not necessitate the case.
Once Carlos applied it, you only need to check out from jenkins daily build and ImportIdempiere and you will have the changes. So it is good way for non developers to always submit JIRA tickets for peer review.

On Tuesday, 21 April 2015 23:16:35 UTC+2, Carlin Reed wrote:
Thank you, gentlemen. I am sorry I didn't have my own testing feedback yet. I just still have to learn some of the finer points on tasks such as how to apply a patch to mercurial for testing, etc. so I am kind of slow-going at this time.