Issue when applying migration script from 2.1 to 3.1 (Oracle)

Nicolas Micoud

Nov 6, 2015, 9:00:44 AM11/6/15
to iDempiere
Hi,

I've just migrated my local 2.1 installation to the new 3.1

The IDEMPIERE-2778 script fails because in my database (Oracle) the AD_Package_Exp_Detail.SQLStatement was defined as NVARCHAR(2000) and the script tries to modify it to VARCHAR(4000).

As the column was not empty, it throws a ORA-01439 "column to be modified must be empty to change datatype".

My idea was to create a complementary migration script that will :

add a temporary column (eg: SQLStmt_Tmp) to AD_Package_Exp_Detail
put in this column the SQLStatement values
DELETE the SQLStatement column
Regenerate it with correct type (VARCHAR(4000)).

WDYT ?

Regards,

Nicolas

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Nov 6, 2015, 2:05:54 PM11/6/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Nicolas, I think that's the correct approach - if you can please upload
a patch changing the oracle script IDEMPIERE-2778 with that approach.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Nicolas Micoud

Nov 6, 2015, 3:10:50 PM11/6/15