Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

John La

ungelesen,
12.05.2014, 11:18:0112.05.14
an ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
We want to hide the login button so people will not think it is something required to view our site.
I have deleted both the login and logout item from Admin -> Menus.
Is there something else that needs to be done?

Thanks you

John La

ungelesen,
12.05.2014, 11:27:4212.05.14
an ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Forgot to mention we are on 2.0.1

Thanks.

Sarah Romkey

ungelesen,
12.05.2014, 12:49:1812.05.14
an ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

Thank you for posting to the forum with your question. In order to actually hide the login button from view, you would need to modify the CSS file from your AtoM installation. If you are able to do this on your own, I can ask one of our developers to write to you with the line of code you need to look for, or you could put us in touch with a systems administrator and we can let them know.

A couple of other AtoM users have done the same, and just a couple of notes-

- This will hide the login only- it doesn't provide any extra measure of security.
- People who need to be able to login will have to type in/bookmark the login page directly.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Sarah Romkey

John La

ungelesen,
12.05.2014, 14:30:3612.05.14
an ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sarah,
Thanks for you reply.
I am the administrator for our system.
It will be great if one of your developers can highlight which file and line of code I need to look for.

Thanks,
John

Sarah Romkey

ungelesen,
12.05.2014, 15:29:5212.05.14
an ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

Here is the information from one of our developers:

Look for this file: plugins/arDominionPlugin/css/less/header.less

And add this code- at the top is best, and maybe make a comment for future reference:

#user-menu {
  display: none;
}

To see the login button again in the browser window, your editors/admins need to open up their console or developer tools and find in the html code where the <div id="user-menu"> is located. If they click on it and view the associated styles, they'll see that it has a display of 'none' style acting on it. If they want to view it, simply uncheck this style and the box will appear. Alternatively, they can type "/;user/login" after the url.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance!

Cheers,

Sarah

John La

ungelesen,
12.05.2014, 16:47:0412.05.14
an ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sarah,
Thanks for the info.
However, nothing happened when I added the code to header.less
When I added the code to min.css it worked.

Thanks,
John

Sarah Romkey

ungelesen,
12.05.2014, 17:35:5412.05.14
an ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Sorry John, we forgot a step, to run the command 'make' in the directory for arDominionPlugin. In any case, it sounds like editing the css file directly worked for you. Thanks for the update!

Cheers,

Sarah
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor