Remove login option from public pages

brzic...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2017, 4:34:16 PM1/25/17
to AtoM Users
Hi folks,

I need to remove the login button from the public pages when the Atom site is accessed from an IP outside of the IP range specified for administration.

Does anybody know if this is possible ?

Running version 2.2.1 - 123

Thanks

Goran

Dan Gillean

Jan 25, 2017, 5:16:38 PM1/25/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Goran,

There are 2 elements in AtoM that each come close to what you want, but individually are not exactly this:

First, if you want to make your entire AtoM site read-only, there is a configuration file setting you can change - this will remove the login button and prevent users from logging in. This is most useful if you have a 2-site set-up, such as in internal read/write site and a pubic-facing read-only site, and are using replication (e.g. a script to copy the database and search index) to update the public site. See:

Second, AtoM's security options in Admin > Settings > Security include the option to limit login access to an IP, several IPs, or an IP range. This will not remove the login button, but it will prevent users from IPs outside of the specified values from being able to login. See:

Hope that helps!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Creighton Barrett

Feb 6, 2017, 2:48:27 PM2/6/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

This may be a silly question, but can you clarify if the read-only setting in the config-app file *just* hides the login button? Or does it do more to make the site-read only? More specifically, I guess I'm wondering if it somehow changes the database settings.

I only ask because I was under the impression that the database for a public-facing site can't be read-only because search functions need to write temporary data into the database. Or something to that effect. It sounds like the setting in the config-app file just hides the button though. Does it also hide the user/login page?

Thanks!

Creighton

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 1:34 PM, <brzic...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi folks,

I need to remove the login button from the public pages when the Atom site is accessed from an IP outside of the IP range specified for administration.

Does anybody know if this is possible ?

Running version 2.2.1 - 123

Thanks

Goran

David Juhasz

Feb 7, 2017, 1:16:11 PM2/7/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Creighton,

The AtoM "read-only" setting disables AtoM login altogether, as well as hiding the login link.  So even if a user enters the login URL directly, they will not be able to login.  The setting doesn't do anything to lock down write permissions to the database, that must be done via the database access control system.

The only database table that requires write access in a public, no login scenario is the `access_log` table which records site visits for use with the "recently viewed" widget on the home page.

Cheers,
David

--

David Juhasz
Director, AtoM Technical Services Artefactual Systems Inc. www.artefactual.com

Creighton Barrett

Feb 7, 2017, 2:58:36 PM2/7/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

Thanks so much for your response. We always appreciate the help!

Creighton