The "i18n" object does not exist in the current context

Augusto Torres

Jul 28, 2016, 2:50:30 PM7/28/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Dear all,

I'm getting this error working at clean instalation of the Atom-2.3.0 version.
How can I resolve?
I have working fine previous version (atom-2.2.1) at seme server (FreeBSD 9, Apache 24, php56, mysql)
Thanks
Augusto

500 | Internal Server Error | sfException
The "i18n" object does not exist in the current context.
stack trace
1. at ()
in SF_ROOT_DIR/vendor/symfony/lib/util/sfContext.class.php line 500 ...
497.   {
498.     if (!$this->has($name))
499.     {
500.       throw new sfException(sprintf('The "%s" object does not exist in the current context.', $name));
501.     }
502.
503.     return $this->factories[$name];
2. at sfContext->get('i18n')
in SF_ROOT_DIR/vendor/symfony/lib/util/sfContext.class.php line 616 ...
3. at sfContext->__get('i18n')
in SF_ROOT_DIR/plugins/sfInstallPlugin/lib/sfInstall.class.php line 470 ...
4. at sfInstall::loadData()
in SF_ROOT_DIR/plugins/sfInstallPlugin/modules/sfInstallPlugin/templates/loadDataSuccess.php line 5 ...
5. at require('/usr/local/www/data/atom-2.3.0/plugins/sfInstallPlugin/modules/sfInstallPlugin/templates/loadDataSuccess.php')
in SF_ROOT_DIR/cache/qubit/prod/config/config_core_compile.yml.php line 3895 ...
6. at sfPHPView->renderFile('/usr/local/www/data/atom-2.3.0/plugins/sfInstallPlugin/modules/sfInstallPlugin/templates
/loadDataSuccess.php')
in SF_ROOT_DIR/cache/qubit/prod/config/config_core_compile.yml.php line 3954 ...
7. at sfPHPView->render()
in SF_ROOT_DIR/cache/qubit/prod/config/config_core_compile.yml.php line 993 ...
8. at sfExecutionFilter->executeView('sfInstallPlugin', 'loadData', 'Success', array())
in SF_ROOT_DIR/cache/qubit/prod/config/config_core_compile.yml.php line 980 ...
9. at sfExecutionFilter->handleView(object('sfFilterChain'), object('sfInstallPluginLoadDataAction'), 'Success')
in SF_ROOT_DIR/cache/qubit/prod/config/config_core_compile.yml.php line 948 ...
10. at sfExecutionFilter->execute(object('sfFilterChain'))
in SF_ROOT_DIR/cache/qubit/prod/config/config_core_compile.yml.php line 1045 ...
11. at sfFilterChain->execute()
in SF_ROOT_DIR/cache/qubit/prod/config/config_core_compile.yml.php line 1009 ...
12. at sfRenderingFilter->execute(object('sfFilterChain'))
in SF_ROOT_DIR/cache/qubit/prod/config/config_core_compile.yml.php line 1045 ...
13. at sfFilterChain->execute()
in SF_ROOT_DIR/plugins/sfHistoryPlugin/lib/sfHistoryPluginFilter.class.php line 18 ...
14. at sfHistoryPluginFilter->execute(object('sfFilterChain'))
in SF_ROOT_DIR/cache/qubit/prod/config/config_core_compile.yml.php line 1045 ...
15. at sfFilterChain->execute()
in SF_ROOT_DIR/lib/filter/QubitTransactionFilter.class.php line 48 ...
16. at QubitTransactionFilter->execute(object('sfFilterChain'))
in SF_ROOT_DIR/cache/qubit/prod/config/config_core_compile.yml.phpDear all,

Has anyone getting this error installing Atom-2.3.0 version
How can I resolve?
I have working fine previous version at seme server (FreeBSD 9, Apache 24, php56, mysql)
Thanks
August line 1045 ...
17. at sfFilterChain->execute()
in SF_ROOT_DIR/cache/qubit/prod/config/config_core_compile.yml.php line 686 ...
18. at sfController->forward('sfInstallPlugin', 'loadData')
in SF_ROOT_DIR/cache/qubit/prod/config/config_core_compile.yml.php line 2392 ...
19. at sfFrontWebController->dispatch()
in SF_ROOT_DIR/vendor/symfony/lib/util/sfContext.class.php line 170 ...
20. at sfContext->dispatch()
in SF_ROOT_DIR/index.php line 6 ...
symfony settings ...
request ...
response ...
user ...

Dan Gillean

Jul 29, 2016, 11:05:36 AM7/29/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Augusto,

We don't test AtoM using FreeBSD and Apache, so our ability to offer support may be limited. What is the default culture (e.g. language) in which you are trying to install?

I will suggest the same thing that usually resolves new installation or upgrade issues - try the recommendations listed here first, and let me know if it helps:

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Augusto Torres

Jul 29, 2016, 1:48:41 PM7/29/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Gilleam ,
I'm using the default culture is pt_BR as suggested in the wiki , but added manually:
# Apps / qubit / config / settings.yml
all:
.configurações :
default_culture : en
I don't know how it was resolved, but it works now .
I reconfigured all the files again , just as he had done previously as follows

chown -R www: www atom- 2.3.0

cp -R atom- 2.2.1 / uploads /atom-2.3.0/uploads

mysqldump -u -p old_database user> /tmp/database.sql

mysql -u -p -e user ' database_old drop database ; create database
new_database character set utf8 group utf8_unicode_ci ; '

After installing the new atom:
mysql -u -p new_database user < /tmp/database.sql

Thanks
Augusto Torres

Dan Gillean

Jul 29, 2016, 2:02:00 PM7/29/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Well, I'm glad to hear it's working now, Augusto! Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

jmenr...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2016, 4:15:35 PM8/2/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hello Dan

Once I have made some probes with differents combinations of mysql flavour databases (mysql-server-5.7 and percona-server-5.6), I decided finally to follow the entire installation process as described in https://www.accesstomemory.org/es/docs/2.3/admin-manual/installation/linux/ubuntu-xenial/  and use percona-server-5.6 as suggested in the installation manual for ubuntu 16.04.

So that, I followed the official installation manual for ubuntu 16.04 as described in https://www.accesstomemory.org/es/docs/2.3/admin-manual/installation/linux/ubuntu-xenial/ and things seems to work well in my tests machine. However I followed the same steps in another production machine, with the same OS (ubuntu 16.04, percona-server-5.6, php7.0, etc.) and I got the same error as described by Augusto above.
After that, I dropped atom database, remove /usr/share/nginx/atom directory, re-create atom database, uncompress atom 2.3.0 tarball in  /usr/share/nginx/atom directory, and started again instalation process... and I still got the same error. I followed this process many times, but finally I achieved a clean installation of atom 2.3.0. The only circumstance that happened the time that I got a proper installation of atom 2.3.0 was that the system was busy loading another heavy webpage with the browser.

I tried your suggestion as in
But I am not sure that is related with solution of this issue, as I always drop atom database before installation attemps. Also, I think suggestion mentioned by Augusto neither have relation with the solution of this issue. Of course I could be wrong.

It appear to be a random installation issue, as I did nothing for solving it: I only repeated the installation process many times. As I mentioned previously, the only circumstance that happened the time that I got proper installation was that the system was busy loading another heavy webpage with the browser.

It could be nice to know the obscure reason of this error, as some times it appears during installation process, and some times does not appear. Will it be a nginx or Symfony cache issue?

Thanks for your help.
Regards.

Jesús García Crespo

Aug 3, 2016, 1:22:47 PM8/3/16
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 1:15 PM, <jmenr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Will it be a nginx or Symfony cache issue?

I couldn't try to reproduce the issue so it's hard to tell. My suspect is that this issue is related to filesystem permissions. The AtoM installer populates one configuration file that is key for the application to work properly: /usr/share/nginx/atom/apps/qubit/config/settings.yml. Because AtoM is contained by php-fpm which runs as www-data, the action will be only possible if the filesystem permissions have been adjusted as we say in the documentation, i.e. the directory mentioned earlier is writable by the user. If the settings.yml file is missing, the installer will eventually break when the application runs into code where the i18n factory is used, because that factory is only enabled from settings.yml. It's only a guess though.

--
Jesús García Crespo,
Software Engineer, Artefactual Systems Inc.

Ricardo Pinho - CM Oliveira Azemeis

Oct 25, 2016, 5:10:13 AM10/25/16
to AtoM Users
Hello,
I had the same problem installing AtoM 2.3 on a Virtual Machine with a clean install of Ubuntu server 16.04 (and 14.04) following the official guide:

Everything worked well until "Run the web installer".
After responding to: http://.../index.php/sfInstallPlugin/configureSearch
It took a long time on: http://.../index.php/sfInstallPlugin/loadData
And it returned the error: 'sfException: The "i18n" object does not exist in the current context.'

After trying almost everything, I've remembered that I was using a VM with 512MB RAM.
So I decided to test it with 1GB of RAM, and that did the trick!!!

By the way, the AtoM 2.2.1 version installed fine on the 512MB RAM VM!

So, if anyone needs to replicate the problem to solve it, just use a VM with 512MB of RAM.

Cheers,
Ricardo Pinho

Dan Gillean

Oct 25, 2016, 10:31:57 AM10/25/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Interesting, thanks for sharing what worked for you Ricardo! If we have an opportunity, we'll have to test, and perhaps consider updating the installation recommendations.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.