AtoM 2.0.1 now available!

Dan Gillean

Dec 16, 2013, 2:52:48 PM12/16/13
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com

Greeting AtoM users!

We are happy to announce that a new AtoM maintenance release (2.0.1) is now available.

You'll find the 2.0.1 release available for download at: https://www.accesstomemory.org/download/

This is a minor release, comprised primarily of bug fixes - though we are happy to report that we've included one new minor feature in this release. There are at least 26 issue tickets that have been closed in the 2.0.1 fix - thanks to community users Tim Hutchinson, Creighton Barrett, Jen Whitney, and Valerie Léveillé for reporting issues that were addressed in this round of fixes! Highlights of the issues addressed include:

New minor feature!
#5757 - Add search in the user list

A basic search bar, for searching user names and email addresses, has been added to the Users list page, to help administrators managing many user accounts. This is especially useful for administrators of networks and other multi-repository sites. We've added documentation for this search bar in our new documentation here:
https://www.accesstomemory.org/docs/2.0/user-manual/access-content/search-atom/#dedicated-search-users

Improved usability tweaks!
"Add new" buttons have been added to the browse/list pages for Donors, Rights holders, Physical objects and Functions, which improves the creation workflow for these kinds of records - previously, if they weren't generated from a pop-up dialog on a related record (e.g. adding a donor via a new accession; adding a new physical storage location to an archival description) and the user didn't have a record already in the system, there was no easy means to add a new record - see issue #5562 - Add donor inaccessible via GUI unless Donors are already present

Here are a couple other issues we've resolved that improve usability:

#5679 - Stop log-in button from redirecting user to home page
#5858 - Optimize subject and place autocomplete query
#5745 - Cancelling an edit to a term returns user to taxonomies list instead of terms list
#5581 - Populate top-level descriptions filter in advanced search after a search
#5481 - Add DACS tooltips

Fixes to command-line administrative tools:
#5667 - The task propel:build-nested-set freezes on large nested sets (>400K nodes)
#5761 - Populating search from command line gives PHP Fatal error
#5822 - Task import:build not working in 2.x
#5976 - tools:find-repository-latlng overwrites existing values
#6005 - add-superuser task error: default context does not exist

Import/export fixes
#5750 - Importing place terms causes 500 error when navigating
#5864 - XML import drops data in <unittitle> if it is wrapped in EAD tags like <corpname>
#5788 - After XML import screen stays on import
#5897 - CSV import (archival descriptions) does not work in 2.x
#5870 - <bioghist> data dropped during import
#5795 - XML export - name access points default to <persname>
#5786 - Archival description with item-level digital objects don't Roundtrip EAD
#5867 - <physdesc> data dropped during import

CSS fixes

#5738 - Facet filter expand/collapse chevron icons are not displaying in Chrome
#5758 - User Authority record permissions edit template needs CSS

Other fixes
#5773 - Selecting Copyright as basis does not prompt copyright status options when right is linked to digital object
#5895 - Global search throws 500 error when non-integer string appears in repos parameter
#5868 - Problems with institution-specific user accounts in 2.x
#5946 - Duplicate record for archival description in the search index when changing access point and other data

We've also pulled the latest translation strings from Transifex for inclusion in this release, including new translations in Catalan! Thank you to all our volunteers who help to make AtoM a truly global application. If you are interested in helping us translate AtoM's interface, please see our translator's contribution guide here: https://www.accesstomemory.org/community/translate/

We continue to do everything we can to improve AtoM with every release. To do so, we rely on the participation of our user community - so keep filing issue tickets or letting us know when you find bugs in the user forum; if you have the technical skills, consider contributing codedocumentation, or translations; and if you or your institution has the resources, consider supporting the development of a feature - remember, the entire community benefits from every contribution!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Product Manager / Systems Analyst,
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Ben Stewart

May 28, 2014, 2:30:44 PM5/28/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone

Would there be anyone that has install and have this working on Centos 6.5?
I attempting this now but already have some issues?

Thank-you

~Ben

System Administrator
Geoffrey R. Weller library
UNBC, BC Canada

Mike G

May 28, 2014, 4:13:05 PM5/28/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben,

We don't recommend CentOS typically because there are some differences in what the OS comes with in terms of dependencies, library / file paths, etc. I believe we have had a client or two that used it with AtoM successfully, but we don't have any official instructions on the nuances between Ubuntu & CentOS when it comes to AtoM.

Can you elaborate on what issues you're having thus far? Perhaps we could offer some suggestions.

Cheers

Sebastjan Auser

May 28, 2014, 4:32:55 PM5/28/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Ben.

I was trying to setup AtoM on Centos. But I had big problems with ElasticSearch and some other stuff. On the end, I was setup AtoM on Ubuntu 12.04, without any problem.
I am using Centos as KVM host for two KVM clients with Ubuntu 12.04 servers. I have two domains with different AtoM instalations.

Cheers,
Sebastjan

Lp,
Sebastjan Auser

Digital Archive Solutions
gsm: +386 (0)30 363 003

www.archive-smh.info
www.da-slo.si
www.da-slo.com.au

Sent from mobile1

Ben Stewart

May 28, 2014, 5:58:57 PM5/28/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hello again

We currently have an ICAtoM 1.3.1 server I setup last October and migrated the data and custom theme form our old 1.x.
We used Centos 6.5 also but one of our techs build a custom puppet script that helped with the dependencies.
It also had some issues but found some work a rounds and has been running once for a about 8 months.
This time once again we spun up a new VM of Centos 6.5 and all seems to go well until I tried to setup the PHP 5.5.
I will keep trying for the next bit and see if I can resolve these issues, I have assimilated a fair more about Redhat / Centos that 8 months ago.

I'm my previous job to this one we used nothing but pure Debian for 15 years but it has not been given the green light here at this university as of yet.
Which is to bad as so many folks use Ubuntu now for package support.

Thank-you again for the feed back it's good to know that others had some troubles with this also in connection with Centos and was not just me :-(

Cheers

~Ben

System Administrator
Geoffrey R. Weller library
UNBC, BC Canada

Manuel Ramirez

Jun 10, 2014, 5:05:39 PM6/10/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
saludos a todos desde El Salvador, en estos momentos nos encontramos en un momento historico en el país, ya que gracias a la Ley de Acceso a la Información Publica, los Archivos han tomado mayor relevancia de la que hasta hace un tiempo tenian, es por eso que estamos en la carrera de ponernos al dia con las normas internacionales en archivistica y con la tecnologia en materia de archivos, por tal motivo, me encuentro trabajando con un grupo de jovenes en la instalacion del Atom, de igual manera somos nuevos en la utilizacion del Linux aunque poco a poco se esta quitando el miedo de utilizar cada ves mas en el país, bueno la pregunta es que si existe informacion de soporte que me ayude a instalar ATOM en debian?? porque resulta ser que sigo los pasos que aparecen en la información de soporte que este en el sitio web que es para UBUNTU pero tengo problemas a la hora de instalar el Nginx.

bueno les agradeceria mucho su ayuda, y gracias por apoyarnos en este gran esfuerzo

Dan Gillean

Jun 11, 2014, 1:05:34 PM6/11/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manuel,

Thank you for posting to the AtoM user forum!

Unfortunately, we here at Artefactual only maintain documentation for our preferred installation environment (Ubuntu with Nginx). However, I know that Ubuntu is created from the Debian code base, so hopefully there will not be too many installation issues?

I would start by double-checking that you have installed all the requirements: https://www.accesstomemory.org/docs/2.0/admin-manual/installation/requirements/#installation-requirements

You can then follow our Linux install instructions as much as possible.

What web server are you using instead of Nginx? Some of our users have successfully installed with Apache. What problems did you run into with your Nginx installation? Perhaps we can try to help you resolve those.

Has anyone else in the community successfully installed AtoM on Debian?

Sorry we can't help more - let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Product Manager / Systems Analyst,
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

omarr...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2014, 12:55:23 PM6/18/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
hi all,

i have a problem after installing atom 2,
i cant login with the admin user,
it's like you login but on navbar the options dont appear, its just info menu and translation menu

somebody can help me with this please

Dan Gillean

Jun 18, 2014, 1:16:27 PM6/18/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Hmmm. I'm not sure about what has caused this problem - can you tell us more about your installation?
  • What version of AtoM are you using? (2.0.0; 2.0.1, etc)
  • Have you installed it on Linux (we recommend Ubuntu 12.04), or another OS?
  • Are you hosting the software yourself, or using an external provider?

If you have access to the command-line, I might suggest that you try creating a new superUser (i.e. administrator) account - this is the same thing you do when using the web installer during the last steps of installation. Please see: https://www.accesstomemory.org/docs/2.0/admin-manual/maintenance/cli-tools/#add-a-superuser-admin-account

Once you've added a new user, try logging in with the new user's email and password. For help logging in, see: https://www.accesstomemory.org/docs/2.0/user-manual/getting-started/getting-started/#login-log-in

Let us know if that works!

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Product Manager / Systems Analyst,
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

omarr...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2014, 5:41:19 PM6/20/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
thanks dan,

fortunately i could solve the problem, was php version on centos 6, i was using php 5.3, i just upgrade!!!

Dan Gillean

Jun 20, 2014, 5:45:23 PM6/20/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Glad to hear you got it all sorted out!

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Product Manager / Systems Analyst,
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Odudu Afangide

Jul 2, 2014, 5:03:45 AM7/2/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Mr. Gillean,
I have been looking for you. I need assistance in a training I have been asked to conduct.

I am trying to implement ICA AtoM in the National Archives, I need your assistance on any training or manual that has been done before for system adminisistrators.

I can be reached at od...@live.com.

your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Odudu

Dan Gillean

Jul 2, 2014, 12:39:50 PM7/2/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com, Evelyn McLellan
Hello Odudu,

Thank you for getting in touch - I will contact you off-list, and we can follow up about training possibilities.

Kind regards,