Slug Renaming in AtoM 2.5

thearch...@gmail.com

May 22, 2019, 11:23:44 AM5/22/19
to AtoM Users
Greetings all,

In trying to rename a slug to reflect a name change in an upper-level description, I ran across a slightly confusing behaviour. The "Rename" feature only leads me to a page that reads:

Slug in use

A slug based on this title already exists so a number has been added to pad the slug.
Rename

Use this interface to update the description title, slug (permalink), and/or digital object filename.

Update title

From here, I can see no way to actually rename the slug as I was able to do in previous versions. I know there is a new feature to represent special characters in slugs (not currently enabled from our end), so I was wondering whether I am missing something here?

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy

Dan Gillean

May 22, 2019, 5:59:41 PM5/22/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Jeremy,

You've won!

Unfortunately, you've won the first confirmed bug report of the 2.5 release. 😬😓

I've reproduced this in my local test environment - it seems it's a regression that snuck in last minute into the 2.5 release. I've filed a bug ticket for this here:
Since this has broken a major module in AtoM, we'll be sure to include a fix for this in our next release.

In the meantime, you can use SQL to manually edit a slug. Start with the existing slug to look up the object_id value:
  • SELECT object_id FROM slug WHERE slug='your-slug-here';
This will output a value like the following example:
+-----------+
| object_id |
+-----------+
|     82269 |
+-----------+

Now we can use the object_id value to update the current slug in the slug table:
  • UPDATE slug SET slug="my-new-slug" WHERE object_id=82269;
Not ideal, but hopefully this will help you make do until we can release a fix!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

thearch...@gmail.com

May 24, 2019, 10:33:12 AM5/24/19
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

Hooray(!?)

Thanks for explaining the workaround - that works just fine. It's not a common task for us, but it's always nice to have when we need it.

Cheers,

Jeremy