Upgrade ICA-AtoM 1.3 to 2.1

Beda Szukics

Oct 18, 2014, 4:14:06 PM10/18/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I'm upgrading my AtoM to 2.1 following the instructions at https://www.accesstomemory.org/en/docs/2.1/admin-manual/installation/upgrading/#installation-upgrading

At the step "Run the upgrade task"

I get, after calling

php symfony tools:upgrade-sql

the following errors:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20100525+lfs/pam_auth.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20100525+lfs/pam_auth.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20100525+lfs/suhosin.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20100525+lfs/suhosin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function readline() in /var/www/atom/lib/task/migrate/arUpgradeSqlTask.class.php on line 339

Fatal error: Call to undefined function readline() in /var/www/atom/lib/task/migrate/arUpgradeSqlTask.class.php on line 339

I guess it's more related to my server system than to AtoM, but maybe someone could give me a hint.

I'm running a debian server. I upgraded it from squeeze to wheezy before installing AtoM.

Greetings                   Beda

Jesús García Crespo

Oct 18, 2014, 5:33:27 PM10/18/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Beda,

The first two warnings (in regards to pam_auth.so and suhosin.so) are not really causing the task to break. Those are probably produced because the configuration under /etc/php is trying to load these two extensions but the files are missing. You could probably get away with it by making sure that the packages php5-auth-pam and php5-suhosin are completely removed (using apt-get purge) or by installing them if they are missing, or just updating the configutation so they are not loaded at startup.

The fatal error seems to be produced because the php5-readline package has not been installed. It's one of our dependencies since AtoM 2.1. Once we received a code contribution trying to avoid a task from breaking if php5-readline was not installed. However, we finally decided to add php5-readline to the requirement list as it's a handy extension for us when we are developing CLI tasks.

I hope that helps. I'm glad that there are still Debian users out there! :)

Regards,

Jesús García Crespo,
Software Engineer, Artefactual Systems Inc.
http://www.artefactual.com | +1.604.527.2056

Beda Szukics

Oct 19, 2014, 8:26:00 AM10/19/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com, je...@artefactual.com
Hi Jesús

Thank you for your answer.

I like debian :-) Mainly for their strict policy concerning licenses. But it makes life sometimes more difficult :-(

Debian wheezy seams to be lacking of php5-readline.It will be available in the next release. I have to find a way to circumvent that.

Regards              Beda

John La

Feb 19, 2015, 2:44:50 PM2/19/15
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jesus,
We are trying to upgrade to version 2.1.2 but also have encounter this readline issue.
We are using wamp under Windows server 2008.
Looking around the web, most comments says readline is not supported under windows.
Do you have any users who have been successful in getting pass this in Windows?

Thanks,
John

Jesús García Crespo

Apr 7, 2015, 1:52:39 PM4/7/15
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com, John La, Beda Szukics
Hi John and Beda,

FYI, we are freeing AtoM 2.2 from this dependency - thank you for your report!

Regards,