ElasticSearch 1.0 not compatible with AtoM 2.0.1

suh...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2014, 1:38:29 PM2/18/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

In the process of installing AtoM 2.0.1 today, we came across this backwards-compatibility issue with the recent ElasticSearch 1.0 release.  In particular, ES has deprecated the {"OK" : true} part of their response, which is built into the logic during the AtoM installation process:

The fix in our case was simple, we just removed the check for the "OK" attribute in the response (ie. the first condition on that line); but I don't know if there are other places in the code where this fix might also have to be applied.

Given the massive communication and uptake around ElasticSearch 1.0, I figured it was worth mentioning this as soon as possible in case others encounter the same issue.

Cheers,
MJ

Andreas Nef

Feb 18, 2014, 1:52:31 PM2/18/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Dear all

I was just about to write about this incompatibility as well after I was doing an installation on windows today. Went for the 0.90 after a while which is working on our linux installations. Please add a note in the documentation (i.e. don't use the most recent version) as well for the already published version 2.0.1.

Best,

Andreas

Jessica Bushey

Feb 18, 2014, 2:08:54 PM2/18/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Andreas and MJ, we update the documentation.

Best,
Jessica

---
Jessica Bushey, MAS
AtoM Product Manager
Systems Analyst
jes...@artefactual.com

Artefactual Systems Inc.
www.artefactual.com

Jesús García Crespo

Feb 19, 2014, 12:59:08 PM2/19/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

I've pushed your suggested change in the 2.x branch.
Also, I've updated the docs. We'll make sure that AtoM 2.1 supports ES 1.0+.
This is the issue ticket assigned: https://projects.artefactual.com/issues/6334

Jesús García Crespo,
Software Engineer, Artefactual Systems Inc.
http://www.artefactual.com | +1.604.527.2056