Custom plugin development

Tomas Cohen Arazi

May 10, 2011, 6:07:20 PM5/10/11
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I need to add some fields to DublinCore plugin. Is there any qubit
reference on how to do it ? Is it symfony stuff? Any links?
I couldn't find in qubit site any hint on how to actually use the framework.

Thanks in advance
To+

Jesús García Crespo

May 10, 2011, 6:55:06 PM5/10/11
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com, qubit-dev
Hi Tomas,
Unfortunately, there aren't any docs describing how to do that, but you can get an idea just reading the existing code. Of course, you'll need some PHP and Symfony background. Please, take into account that sfDcPlugin contents some actions which extend main classes in apps/qubit/modules/informationobject.

You can implement these new fields as database columns or Qubit properties. The last method could be faster and with no big differences. A good example would be "Standard number" from RAD. The next files are directly involved with this field:

plugins/sfRadPlugin/modules/sfRadPlugin/actions/editAction.class.php
plugins/sfRadPlugin/modules/sfRadPlugin/actions/indexAction.class.php
plugins/sfRadPlugin/modules/sfRadPlugin/templates/editSuccess.php
plugins/sfRadPlugin/modules/sfRadPlugin/templates/indexSuccess.php
plugins/sfRadPlugin/lib/sfRadPlugin.class.php

Please, don't hesitate to contact us in case that you need more help.

Regards,

--
Jesús García Crespo,
Software Engineer, Artefactual Systems Inc.

verslu...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2012, 12:00:33 PM11/27/12
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com, qubit-dev, je...@artefactual.com, Hans Versluis
Hello Jesus,
I would like to make a copy of the existing sfEadPlugin in ICA-AtoM and name it sfRepositoryPlugin. But after trying and trying I still don't see how this can be done.

I copied the all scripts form sfEadPlugin and renamed all references to sfEadPlugin into sfRepositoryPlugin.

When I try the url <ead_id>;repository?sf_format=xml
all I get is an exception:
sfRenderException: The template "indexSuccess.xml.php" does not exist or is unreadable in "".

I followed the error traces, but it doesn't lead to anything comprehensible.
Could you please give me a hint how to do this?

Thanks!
Hans

Jesús García Crespo

Nov 27, 2012, 11:53:25 PM11/27/12
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com, qubit-dev, Hans Versluis
Hi Hans,

Please double check that the following file exists:
/plugins/sfRepositoryPlugin/modules/sfRepositoryPlugin/templates/indexSuccess.xml.php

It seems that Symfony reached your action but the template couldn't be found. It can be useful to switch to the debug mode (qubit_dev.php) and monitor /log/qubit_dev.log during the request/response cycle, you'll find there tons of details!

Regards,