no link between accession record and archival description

Victoria Peters

May 25, 2012, 7:00:26 AM5/25/12
to ICA-AtoM Users

Hi

I have just entered my first accession record in AtoM. I also created an archival description from it. Looking at the user manual ie  http://ica-atom.org/doc/Create_archival_description_from_accession_record

it seems that the accession number should appear in an accession area at the bottom of the archival description. This hasn’t happened in my archival description, meaning that there is no link between the archival description and the accession record (or the other way round for that matter except via the authority record). I really can’t work out what I’ve done wrong. Any ideas?

Apologies if this has already been covered somewhere. I’ve searched the user manual and the discussion group but can’t find anything.

Thanks

Victoria

Victoria Peters

University Archivist

University of Strathclyde

Andersonian Library

101 St James' Road, Glasgow G4 0NS

Tel: 0141 548 5825

Fax: 0141 552 3304

Email: victori...@strath.ac.uk

University of Strathclyde Archives and Special Collections homepage strath.ac.uk/archives Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/StrathArchives

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body registered in Scotland, no SCO 15263

Jesús García Crespo

May 29, 2012, 6:47:37 PM5/29/12
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Victoria!

What browser are you using? We can't reproduce it here with any modern browser.

Regards,

Jesús García Crespo,
Software Engineer, Artefactual Systems Inc.
http://www.artefactual.com | +1.604.527.2056

Victoria Peters

May 30, 2012, 4:12:07 AM5/30/12
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jesús

I’m using Firefox 12.0 (just downloaded so should be up to date!). Here’s the accession record I created:

https://www.ica-atom.org/strathclyde/2012-05-24-1;accession

And here’s the archival description I created from it:

https://www.ica-atom.org/strathclyde/university-of-strathclyde-collins-gallery-records;isad

Thanks

Victoria

Jesús García Crespo

May 30, 2012, 1:16:42 PM5/30/12
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Victoria,

I have checked that this is happening only in some server configurations. I will look into it closely.

I've filed a new issue:

Thank you!

Victoria Peters

May 31, 2012, 4:19:20 AM5/31/12
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Jesús

ErikaH

May 31, 2012, 10:47:48 AM5/31/12
to ICA-AtoM Users
I just wanted to add that we are having the same issue at the LTI
Archives.
We don't have an accession area pop up at all, and/or 'source of
acquisition' is not mapping to 'immediate source of acquisition'. I'm
not sure what the default behaviour is supposed to be in the RAD
template.
Cheers,
Erika

On May 31, 4:19 am, Victoria Peters <victoria.pet...@strath.ac.uk>
wrote:
> Thanks Jesús
>
> Victoria

Jesús García Crespo

May 31, 2012, 11:13:07 AM5/31/12
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Erika, thank you for your report.

It still seems to affect only a few people because it is maybe related to a PHP release or any other server environment variable. I will try to give you a fix back as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

JBushey, ICA-AtoM Community Manager

Jun 13, 2012, 2:18:46 PM6/13/12
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
If you would like to follow this issue, see Issue 2344 (in progress).

Regards,
Jessica Bushey
ICA-AtoM Community Manager