can't show results when set filters by regions on advanced search options

jatnikonm

Apr 26, 2017, 10:12:11 AM4/26/17
to AtoM Users

can't show results when set filters by regions on advanced search options, what's my problem?

Dan Gillean

Apr 26, 2017, 11:12:57 AM4/26/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

First, do you have data in these fields on your repository records?

The thematic area is an access point the Archival institution edit page in the Access points area; the Archive Type is found in the Identity area of the same edit page. The region is generally taken from the address data on your archival institution. See:

Note that using the toggle button above the advanced search options to flip to table view will be a good way to see if you have region data added to your repository records. There is also a Region facet in the left-hand sidebar:

If you DO have data in this field, and the filter is still not working, is your content multi-lingual? What is the default installation culture of your site - english, or something else? What language was the region data added in the user interface? It is possible that there is an issue with culture fallback when trying to search across language results.

Also, it looks like you have installed AtoM 2.3 - have you followed our recommended installation instructions, or made changes? If you've followed the recommended ones, have you installed following the Ubuntu 14.04 or 16.04 instructions? If you have made changes, please tell us more about your current configuration.

Finally, you might also try repopulating the search index - perhaps the data has not properly been added to the index, which is why you are not getting results. Using the command-line from the root installation directory of your AtoM instance, try running the following command:

  • php symfony search:populate

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 10:12 AM, jatnikonm <jatn...@gmail.com> wrote:

can't show results when set filters by regions on advanced search options, what's my problem?

Jatniko Nur Mutaqin

Apr 26, 2017, 2:31:22 PM4/26/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Yes i have data on archival institution, culture for default installation is id (Indonesia)
using AtoM version 2.3 on Ubuntu 16.04, filter by thematic area and archive type is working good, but for region still not working

On 26 April 2017 at 22:12, Dan Gillean <d...@artefactual.com> wrote:
[...]

Dan Gillean

Apr 26, 2017, 3:49:56 PM4/26/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

If the default installation culture is Indonesian, are you also using Indonesian in the user interface when you create the data, and when you try searching?

Is your AtoM site publicly accessible, so I can take a look?

Thanks,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Jatniko Nur Mutaqin

Apr 26, 2017, 9:49:58 PM4/26/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
yes my AtoM publicy accessible at http://jikn.sikn.go.id/index.php/repository/browse

Dan Gillean

Apr 27, 2017, 11:42:06 AM4/27/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hello,

Thank you for sharing the site - it allowed me to better understand what is happening, and reproduce it locally.

I think that you have discovered a bug with our translation interface and the way that culture fallback operates. I have filed an issue ticket here so we can address it in the future:

In the meantime, I think I have found a workaround for you.  I believe that if you flip the user interface to English, enter edit mode on your repositories, and add the same contact information into the English interface, it should allow data to be returned.

Thank you for reporting this. Please note that we try to address bugs reported to us by the community with each major release, but at the moment we are finalizing the work that will be included in our 2.4 release and may no longer have developer time available to address this immediately. For more information on how we maintain AtoM, please see:

If this is a priority bug fix for you or your institution, please consider sponsoring a fix if you are able. If you would like to discuss sponsorship further, feel free to contact me off-list, and our developers can prepare an estimate for you.

Let us know if the workaround solves the issue for now.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Jatniko Nur Mutaqin

Apr 27, 2017, 11:55:36 PM4/27/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
thank you, i have tried input region data on repository using English user interface and data was returned, I thought for meantime this is my solution.