AtoM loads too many digital objects

Isabel Martín

Apr 30, 2019, 4:51:31 AM4/30/19
to AtoM Users
The following code included in .... / plugins / sfIsadPlugin / modules / sfIsadPlugin / templates /:

<? php slot ('before-content')?>
  <? php echo get_component ('digitalobject', 'imageflow', array ('resource' => $ resource))?>
<? php end_slot ()?>

It loads all the scanned documents of a file archive as well as those of all its children.

I have created funds with sub-funds that contain a large amount of scanned documents.
When using the get_component, it reviews all the documents of all the subfunds children,
which are thousands which causes it to take a long time to load. Is it possible to load only the scanned documents corresponding to a description,
ignoring those of the child sub-funds? and in case the father does not have his own digitized documents,
do not show any. a greeting

Dan Gillean

Apr 30, 2019, 10:35:12 AM4/30/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Isabel,

The purpose of the carousel is to offer users a way to browse the lower-level digital objects - it does not show descriptions associated with the current level. See:
In version 2.4 and higher, you can disable the carousel via Admin > Settings > Default page elements if you don't want it to display. See:
Note as well that, while AtoM will attempt to fetch a count of lower-level digital objects, the number of thumbnails it loads into the carousel viewer is determined by the global setting for results per page. See:
If you wanted to modify the carousel to show only immediate children, and not all digital object descendants, then you will need to make code changes. I am not personally able to advise you on what these should be, but I can at least point you in the right direction.

The carousel uses a code library called ImageFlow (which I believe I have mentioned to you in previous threads), so that is what you'll want to search for in the code repository. Here is the template for the page component:
There are two places where I would recommend beginning your investigations. First, it appears that the criteria for fetching thumbnails to be added to the carousel is being set here:
There is also a function called getDescendantDigitalObjectCount, here, that is currently looking for all descendants, rather than just immediate child descriptions with digital objects:
Those two pages should give you a good starting point for investigation!

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Isabel Martín

May 3, 2019, 7:14:26 AM5/3/19
to AtoM Users
Good evening, Dan, thank you very much for your prompt response. It has been a great help to me although I still have enough things to adjust.

Thanks for all. Greetings.