Duplicate record data issue

Vicky Phillips

Sep 14, 2016, 7:22:16 AM9/14/16
to AtoM Users
Hello
We're currently on version 2.2 of AtoM and have noticed an issue with the Notes area. If you create a duplicate copy and continue to edit the record prior to saving then the information in the Notes area field of the duplicate copy record are saved back to the original source record.  The Alternative Identifier(s) also disappear from the duplicate copy but updated ID is saved to original source record.  I think this can be prevented by creating duplicate record adding Reference code and Title then saving the record before making any further changes.  However it would be god to get this issue fixed.
Thanks,
Vicky

Dan Gillean

Sep 15, 2016, 7:34:12 PM9/15/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Vicky,

Thank you for this report. I've found an older bug report that mentions this for alternative identifiers. I've tested and confirmed the behavior with notes fields as well, and I've updated the ticket with further testing information, here:

See my comments on the ticket, below the original description.

I've added it to the list of bugs we hope to be able to address for the 2.4 list. As ever, there's no guarantees without sponsorship that we'll be able to get to them all, but we do whatever we can with each release to try to address these kinds of issues. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we can reproduce it.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.