Full width treeview icons

Vicky Phillips

Nov 21, 2018, 7:25:57 AM11/21/18
to AtoM Users
Hello
I've just been looking at the icons used in the full-width treeview following user feedback. They would like to see a plus sign instead of triangle.

After looking at the documentation it notes that these should already be a + plus sign.
https://www.accesstomemory.org/en/docs/2.4/user-manual/access-content/context-menu/#full-width-treeview
I don't recall us changing these icons in-house so I'm wondering does AtoM 2.4 come with the triangle as default instead of plus sign as noted in documentation?  If so how can we go about changing these?
Thanks
Vicky

Dan Gillean

Nov 21, 2018, 6:05:06 PM11/21/18
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vicky,

I noticed this a while back too! As far as I'm aware the change was not intentional. We use the jsTree library for the full-width treeview, and the carets (aka the triangles, as in your screenshot) are the default icon. I remember during the initial design and implementation commenting on how hard the carets were to see and click, so we switched them to the plus and minus symbols.

It looks like at some point in the 2.4 release, perhaps when the jsTree library was updated, or when new features (like the drag and drop) were added, this customization was lost and it reverted back to the default. This was not an intentional change (as far as I know)! Consequently, I've filed a bug report for it, here:
I haven't figured out yet how you can change this yourself - if you figure it out, let us know! We do set the icons for the different levels here, I believe:
Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Vicky Phillips

Nov 22, 2018, 6:14:00 PM11/22/18
to AtoM Users
Thanks Dan. I'll ask the Developer who helps me with AtoM work to take a look when he has time.  If he finds where to change this I'll post details here in case others want to make the same change.
Thanks,
Vicky

ism...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2021, 5:19:19 AM4/28/21
to AtoM Users
Good morning, I am trying to change the icons for some levels of the fullWidthTreeView by modifying treeViewTypes.js but it ignores all changes and is only using the "default" type. Those that are Fonds, Subfonds, Series ... it does not take them into account. What can be wrong?

This in my array of types:

var treeviewTypes = {

'default': {'icon': 'fa fa-folder'},

'Item': {'icon': 'fa fa-file-text-o'},

'File': {'icon': 'fa fa-file-text-o'},

'Series': {'icon': 'fa fa-file-text'},

'Subseries': {'icon': 'fa fa-folder-o'},

'subfonds': {'icon': 'fa fa-folder-o'},

'Sous-fonds': {'icon': 'fa fa-folder-o'},

'Fonds': {'icon': 'fa fa-archive'},

'Collection': {'icon': 'fa fa-archive'}
};

Thanks, Isabel.

Dan Gillean

Apr 28, 2021, 9:33:39 AM4/28/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Isabel,

I haven't experimented with changing this myself but a few things to try:

First, let's make sure that you're seeing the most up-to-date version of the page, and not a cached copy from before your changes. Clear the application cache, restart PHP-FPM, and restart Memcached as well if you are using it.

All of the following commands should be run from the root AtoM installation directory - if you have followed our recommended installation instructions, then this is typically:

  • /usr/share/nginx/atom

If the commands won't run and you've confirmed you are in the right directory, try running them as the www-data user - this is the user to whom we assign all filesystem rights when installing and configuring AtoM. To do so, simply precede the commands below with sudo -u www-data

Clear the application cache

Restart PHP-FPM

If you have memcached installed, it is good to clear that cache as well. This command should not have any ill effects if you don't have memcached installed, so you can always try it out:

Finally, I'm not sure if this will matter, but it's possible that the icons are called in the base Dominion theme, so let's recompile the theme as well and see if that helps.

If you have installed from the downloadable tarballs that we provide on our site (instead of following option 2 and installing from our code repository), then you might first need to install some of the dependencies to do this - we pre-compile the theme in the tarball.
Now we can recompile the CSS in the base Dominion theme, using the make command:
  • sudo make -C /usr/share/nginx/atom/plugins/arDominionPlugin
Let us know if that helps!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Dan Gillean

Apr 28, 2021, 5:41:04 PM4/28/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Isabel,

Just a brief update before you dig too deep on this. We did a bit of further investigation and found that the icons are not displaying properly in general - so you may in fact be encountering a bug!

We've filed a ticket here, and hope to investigate in time to include a fix in the next release. See:

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Portales Municipales

May 6, 2021, 8:42:44 AM5/6/21
to AtoM Users
Good afternoon Dan, I actually followed all the steps you indicated but it still gives me problems. I will wait for the incident to be resolved. Thanks.