Error on arFileImportJob 'invalid script: en'

Elizabeth Green

Sep 27, 2018, 4:44:41 PM9/27/18
to AtoM Users
Hi there,
My company recently set up an AtoM site and when I import a csv, I am getting an error. The log is listed below and the a screenshot of the full error report is attached.

I have double-checked to be sure that encoding is correct (UTF-8).
The error logs are empty (/var/log/nginx/error.log), but I believe it is because the error is being handled in AtoM.

Something that could be an issue... When I run a symfony command (for instance, php symfony csv:check-import), I get a message 'Could not open input file: symfony'
I see some symfony files and directories in /usr/share/nginx/atom/vendor, but maybe there were some configuration files or services that weren't set up correctly on the install...?

Aside from that, only thing I have to go by is 'Invalid script: en' and I can't seem to find any information on this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I'm new to AtoM, Ubuntu (16.04), and pretty much anything used to run the AtoM platform, but I can navigate around PuTTY decently.

Any help that anyone can provide is appreciated.

[info] [2018-09-27 07:28:08] Job 449 "arFileImportJob": Job started.
[info] [2018-09-27 07:28:08] Job 449 "arFileImportJob": Importing CSV file: 1CSV_Example - Sentimental Journey Collection - Sheet1.csv.
[info] [2018-09-27 07:28:08] Job 449 "arFileImportJob": Indexing imported records.
[info] [2018-09-27 07:28:08] Job 449 "arFileImportJob": Update type: import-as-new
[info] [2018-09-27 07:28:08] Job 449 "arFileImportJob": php '/usr/share/nginx/atom/symfony' 'csv:import' --index --quiet --source-name='1CSV_Example - Sentimental Journey Collection - Sheet1.csv' '/usr/share/nginx/atom/uploads/tmp/TMP736d2ed9'; Invalid script: en
[info] [2018-09-27 07:28:08] Job 449 "arFileImportJob": Job finished.
arFileImportJob_Error.png

Dan Gillean

Sep 27, 2018, 5:25:46 PM9/27/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Elizabeth,

A couple of things I can suggest here, which will hopefully get you moving forward.

First: the error message. This sounds to me like an error that has been encountered because AtoM has found an unexpected data value in a controlled field - in this case, the script column of your CSV.

In the script (or scriptOfDescription) column of the CSV, AtoM expects a 4-letter ISO 15924 script code - i.e. Latn for Latin scripts, Cyrl for Cyrillic, etc. It looks like you have the value for the ISO 639-1 2-letter language code in this column - this should be in the language (or languageOfDescription) column. See:
If you thought that your en value WAS in the correct column, this could suggest that something is wrong with the separators in your spreadsheet/CSV. Generally, I recommend using LibreOffice Calc for preparing AtoM CSV files over something like Excel - Microsoft insists on using its own custom character encodings, line endings, and other particularities that can sometimes cause import errors. With Calc, whenever you open a CSV, the first thing you get is a configuration dialogue with a preview pane, where you can configure the character set, language, separator(s), and text delimiters:

calc-csv-options.png

So: first thing I would suggest doing is double-checking your CSV data, and considering doing so in Calc (it's open source!).

Regarding the 'Could not open input file: symfony' error - usually when I see this message, it's because someone has tried to run an AtoM command-line task when they are not in the root AtoM directory - i.e. if you've followed our recommended installation instructions, /usr/share/nginx/atom (or, if you are using the Vagrant box for local testing, /home/vagrant/atom).  What directory were you in when you attempted the command?

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Elizabeth Green

Sep 27, 2018, 10:08:23 PM9/27/18
to AtoM Users
You are a ROCK STAR!  I got the csv uploaded successfully after updating one of the columns, and will now make sure I am in the symfony root when writing commands.

Thanks so, so much!