AtoM 2.3 new install problem

470 katselukertaa
Siirry ensimmäiseen lukemattomaan viestiin

jimd...@gmail.com

lukematon,
27.10.2016 klo 16.38.2727.10.2016
vastaanottaja AtoM Users
I am installing AtoM 2.3 on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04 LTS server using the installation instructions on accesstomemory.org. Other than a missing sudo here and there, the installation proceeded without errors. However any attempt to connect to nginx yields a 502 Bad gateway error. When I look in the logs I find "connect to unix:/run/php7.0-fpm.atom.sock failed (No such file or directory". When should this socket be created and is there a simple fix? I will dig deeper if someone tells me where to look. A first pass through my configuration files looks OK but I will take a closer look.

I have used Linux (Redhat, Ubuntu and Mint) but this is my first time with AtoM and nginx.

Versions: Ubuntu server 16.04 LTS, AtoM 2.3, percona 5.6.22-71.0, nginx 1.10.0

Thanks.

Jim

Jesús García Crespo

lukematon,
27.10.2016 klo 18.09.0727.10.2016
vastaanottaja ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim,

/run/php7.0-fpm.atom.sock is created by fpm. If it's not there you may want to check that 1) fpm is actually running, 2) the pool configuration file has been created, 3) the pool configuration file points to /run/php7.0-fpm.atom.sock.

1) ps aux | grep fpm

2) ls -l  /etc/php/7.0/fpm/pool.d/atom.conf

3) grep listen /etc/php/7.0/fpm/pool.d/atom.conf

Don't hesitate to ask more questions!

Jesús García Crespo,
Software Engineer, Artefactual Systems Inc.
http://www.artefactual.com | +1.604.527.2056

jimd...@gmail.com

lukematon,
29.10.2016 klo 12.17.4829.10.2016
vastaanottaja AtoM Users
Your reply pointed me in the right direction. When I created my atom.conf file, I made a minor syntax error that caused fpm to fail. After fixing the error and restarting fpm, I was able to run AtoM. I'm sure I will have more questions when we start to use AtoM.

Thanks for your reply.

Jim

jimd...@gmail.com

lukematon,
9.11.2016 klo 17.16.579.11.2016
vastaanottaja AtoM Users
I finally had a chance to continue my AtoM installation. After fixing my fpm problem, I connected to the web installer to continue the installation. I managed to fill in the database and search portions of the configuration and then received "The i18n object does not exist in the current context". When I try to connect to the server, all I get is a blank page, and the following errors in /var/log/nginx/error.log:

*50 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: Empty module and/or/action after parsing the URL "/" (/).

followed by a php fatal error because "default/error404" does not exist.

I can't figure out how to restart the web install.

I read a couple of other posts regarding the i18n error. The permissions and ownership of various files looks OK.

Thanks.

Jim

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 4:38:27 PM UTC-4, jimd...@gmail.com wrote:

Dan Gillean

lukematon,
9.11.2016 klo 17.34.479.11.2016
vastaanottaja ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Jim,

You should be able to return to the web installer by adding the following to your base URL: /sfinstallplugin/checksystem

One previous user claimed they resolved the i18n issue by adding more memory. I'd start there and see if it helps. Otherwise, you might try purging your data, and running the SQL upgrade task to make sure you have the most recent database migration properly in place. See:

Let us know if that helps!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

jimd...@gmail.com

lukematon,
10.11.2016 klo 10.06.4510.11.2016
vastaanottaja AtoM Users
I'm using a small ubuntu server (Xenial) development box with 6G of physical memory and 6G of swap. There is no hint of memory issues in the logs. Trying to get back to the installation dialog by adding /sfinstallplugin/checksystem to the URL gives the error "*52 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: sfinstallplugin/checksystem does not exist". I will try the other suggestions next.

Thanks.

Jim

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 4:38:27 PM UTC-4, jimd...@gmail.com wrote:

jimd...@gmail.com

lukematon,
10.11.2016 klo 11.09.0410.11.2016
vastaanottaja AtoM Users
/index.php/sfInstallPlugin/checksystem gets me back to the install dialog. After Configure Search, the system takes a while and then throws the "i18n" object does not exist error on the /index.php/sfInstallPlugin/loadData page.

Jim

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 4:38:27 PM UTC-4, jimd...@gmail.com wrote:

Dan Gillean

lukematon,
10.11.2016 klo 11.17.4610.11.2016
vastaanottaja ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Jim,

So to confirm - you've double-checked file system permissions and you're certain your box is not short on memory. I'm assuming you've also verified that all the necessary dependencies are installed correctly? Did you try purging the DB and running the SQL upgrade task as in the instructions I linked to from another thread?

I'll check with our team and see if they have any further suggestions.

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

jimd...@gmail.com

lukematon,
10.11.2016 klo 13.36.1110.11.2016
vastaanottaja AtoM Users
I'm making some progress. I verified that ownership of everything under /usr/share/nginx/atom is owned by www-data:www-data and has sane permissions. I do not see any symptoms of memory issues on the server. It's a small box but it only runs nginx and atom. The command "php symfony tools:purge" fails with a huge error message, but the command "php symfony tools:upgrade-sql" runs and yields "Successfully upgraded to Release 2.3.0 v138". I restarted fpm and memcached and now have the atom welcome page. I will give the machine to our archivist for further testing.

I can't find anything relevant in the logs to explain why it didn't work before. Maybe I messed up a step in the initial installation?

Thanks for your help.

Jim

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 4:38:27 PM UTC-4, jimd...@gmail.com wrote:

Dan Gillean

lukematon,
10.11.2016 klo 14.03.2210.11.2016
vastaanottaja ICA-AtoM Users
I'm not sure in this case, Jim - but I'm glad to hear that you've got it working for now. Let us know how the testing goes.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

carl...@gmail.com

lukematon,
9.4.2017 klo 17.18.439.4.2017
vastaanottaja AtoM Users
Hi Jesus,

I think I've got the same problems like Jim.

My log says:

2017/04/09 21:13:11 [crit] 17768#17768: *24 connect() to unix:/run/php7.0-fpm.atom.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 93.xxx.xxx.xx, server: 35.xxx.xx.xxx, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php7.0-fpm.atom.sock:", host: "35.xxx.xx.xxx"

1) ps aux | grep fpm

gives me:

root     11137  0.0  0.8 363952 31740 ?        Ss   11:02   0:01 php-fpm: master process (/etc/php/7.0/fpm/php-fpm.conf)
www-data 11140  0.0  0.2 363952  7908 ?        S    11:02   0:00 php-fpm: pool www
www-data 11141  0.0  0.2 363952  7908 ?        S    11:02   0:00 php-fpm: pool www
carl     17832  0.0  0.0  12944  1020 pts/0    S+   21:14   0:00 grep --color=auto fpm

2) ls -l  /etc/php/7.0/fpm/pool.d/atom.conf

gives me:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1812 Apr  9 11:03 /etc/php/7.0/fpm/pool.d/atom.conf

3) grep listen /etc/php/7.0/fpm/pool.d/atom.conf

gives me:

listen = /run/php7.0-fpm.atom.sock
listen.owner = www-data
listen.group = www-data
listen.mode = 0600

I'm not sure if the responses on the commands 1), 2) and 3) are as they should be. Could you please have a look on it?

Many thanks!

Carl

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 1:38 PM, <jimd...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

10.4.2017 klo 12.20.5910.4.2017
vastaanottaja ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carl,

Looking at the output of [1], it seems that your atom has not started. You can see there are two processes that belong to the www pool. This sometimes happens because there is a typo in the configuration file. You can test the config running the following command:

sudo php7.0-fpm --test

Make sure that the content of the /etc/php/7.0/fpm/pool.d/atom.conf file is correct, as described in https://www.accesstomemory.org/en/docs/2.3/admin-manual/installation/linux/ubuntu-xenial/#php.

Regards,

Vastaa kaikille