Searching 'Publication note' field

Mark Smith

Apr 29, 2020, 6:45:12 AM4/29/20
to AtoM Users
Does anyone know if AtoM searches the 'Publication note' field in the ISAD(G) template?  And, if it doesn't, can it be made to do so?

Dan Gillean

Apr 29, 2020, 3:52:23 PM4/29/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, looking at the list of indexed fields in our documentation, it doesn't appear that Publication note is currently indexed:
Adding it will require code changes. I've filed a ticket so we can track this request here:
If this is a priority for your institution and you'd like to sponsor the work so we can prioritize it for inclusion in the 2.6 release, feel free to contact me off-list and our team can prepare an estimate.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 6:45 AM Mark Smith <markrya...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anyone know if AtoM searches the 'Publication note' field in the ISAD(G) template?  And, if it doesn't, can it be made to do so?

Mark Smith

Apr 29, 2020, 4:03:52 PM4/29/20
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for that Dan.  Very helpful response, as always.

And thanks for raising the ticket, too.  It's not an essential thing for us (a nice-to-have-if-we-can, really), so we'll just work around it until some public-spirited soul decides to sponsor the modification.

All the best,
Mark

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/CAC1FhZKODCZv57oGKHNhPLu9tLuaPGGjDzU-kC_fL5gqcOw_RA%40mail.gmail.com.