Re: ADMU3011E: Server launched but failed initialization.

camp...@ie.ibm.com

Oct 28, 2008, 7:21:22 AM10/28/08
I also have similar problems:

ADMU7701I: Because WebSphere_Portal is registered to run as a Windows Service,
the request to start this server will be completed by starting the
associated Windows Service.
ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file
C:\IBM\Quickr\wp_profile\logs\WebSphere_Portal\startServer.log
ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the wp_profile profile
ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: WebSphere_Portal
ADMU3200I: Server launched. Waiting for initialization status.
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:85)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:58)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.run(WSLauncher.java:219)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:570)
Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.AdminException: ADMU7704E: Failed while trying to start the Windows Service associated with server: WebSphere_Portal;
probable error executing WASService.exe: com.ibm.ws.management.tools.ProblemInWASServiceException: ADMU7711E: Unexpected exception associated with WASService.exe: exitCode = -1 during processing of server with name: WebSphere_Portal
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WindowsService.doWASServiceAction(WindowsService.java:380)
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WsServerLauncher.execWithWinService(WsServerLauncher.java:157)
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WsServerController.executeUtilityOnWindows(WsServerController.java:128)
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WsServerLauncher.main(WsServerLauncher.java:115)
... 7 more
ADMU3011E: Server launched but failed initialization. startServer.log,
SystemOut.log(or job log in zOS) and other log files under
C:\IBM\Quickr\wp_profile\logs\WebSphere_Portal should contain
failure information.

I've tried a number of options:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=162863

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wpdoc/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wp.ent.doc/wps/tbl_wp.html

but to no avail.

The server worked up until last Friday the 24th. I got a service update on that day and my IP address was reset. I've restored the system to a previous state a number of times also.

Has anybody any idea what's going wrong?

Ken Hygh

Oct 28, 2008, 8:57:40 AM10/28/08
Might be something in the Windows event logs or WebSphere logs.

Ken