Announcement: CSV2IATI tool

Steven Flower

Oct 23, 2013, 6:55:53 AM10/23/13
to iati-te...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone

We've recently updated the tool to convert CSV files to IATI XML.  This includes a new home for the tool at http://csv2iati.iatistandard.org/, meaning we will be discontinuing the version at http://csvconverter.aidinfolabs.org/ from 4th December 2013.

We've transferred all models that were publishing live data, and have also sent a direct email to all registered users (below).

The code for CSV2IATI is also now at https://github.com/IATI/CSV2IATI

Any issues - please contact sup...@iatistandard.org

Best wishes

Steven Flower

===================

Over the past month we've worked to improve the CSV conversion tool.  This tool was initially built to assist those publishers who had too much data for manual input systems (like AidStream or the Open Aid Register), but did not have the resources or technology for other approaches to publishing IATI data.

The current live tool is at http://csvconverter.aidinfolabs.org/ - this will be discontinued from the 4th December 2013

The newly improved version has a new home at http://csv2iati.iatistandard.org/ - and is open to users.

Updates
---------------------------
We've added some very useful features around the user interface on CSV2IATI.  This includes:

  • enhanced functions to manage the mapping and associated data.
  • better controls to manage models and data sources
  • function to add any of the elements of the IATI Standard into a model (the previous version was limited).
  • more robust conversion processes
  • access a full conversion history

A more detailed list of changes can be found at https://github.com/IATI/CSV2IATI/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#version-22

The whole CSV2IATI project is now on the IATI GitHub account - where people can contribute code and issues: https://github.com/IATI/CSV2IATI

Migration Procedure
----------------------------
For those users that have active models, with data published to the IATI Registry, we will have been in touch to assist with transferring models.

For those people with test accounts and data, we will not be migrating these models. It is advisable to set up a new account at http://csv2iati.iatistandard.org/ - all data at the previous version will be taken offline from 4th December 2013.

Should you require any assistance on either of these issues, please contact sup...@iatistandard.org

An online help guide for the tool is available at: http://csv2iati.iatistandard.org/docs/user_guide.html - this will be updated during this period

Mark Cardwell

Oct 23, 2013, 8:36:33 AM10/23/13