enblend: info: loading next image: <name>.tif 1/1 make: *** [<name>.jpg] Error 255

ecs1749

May 31, 2012, 5:55:37 PM5/31/12
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Anybody know why enblend crashes with the Subject message during the stitch process?  The message appeared after Hugin invoked enblend 9 times for the first 9 tif files, and then crashed on the 10th, after displaying the above message.

Running latest version of Hugin, Windows 7.

Is there a way to restart only the enblend portion only?  I don't want to have to go through the entire process as I try different parameters for enblend...

Thanks,

Carlos Eduardo G. Carvalho (Cartola)

Jun 1, 2012, 7:20:06 AM6/1/12
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I usually stitch remapped images and run enblend by hand, to avoid things like that and have to start all over. It is just an idea. I usually run by hand with parameters like:

-w (to wrap horizontally as I make fullsphere panoramas)
-m 6000 (to increase memory usage as I have 8G RAM in this machine)
--compression=95 (to set JPG quality when I want a jpg output file)

So:

enblend -w -m 6000 --compression=95 -o output.jpg input0001.tif input0002.tif ...

I usually refer to all input files with a wildcard like input*.tif

Cheers,

Carlos E G Carvalho (Cartola)
http://cartola.org/360
http://cartola.org/panoforum

ecs1749

Jun 1, 2012, 12:03:12 PM6/1/12
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that should save some time.  I shuffled the order of the tif files and was able to go further but enblend still crash w the 255 error.

What about that .mk file?  Is hugin using a standard make?

ecs1749

Jun 1, 2012, 12:19:11 PM6/1/12
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Okay.  It's obvious the crash is not caused by the number of tif files enblend loaded but by certain tif files.  This is very discouraging.  Been trying for days to get one picture done but ran into one roadblock after another.

Anybody has any ideas on how to get around this 255 error?  Is there an alternative program I can try?

Carlos Eduardo G. Carvalho (Cartola)

Jun 1, 2012, 2:47:09 PM6/1/12
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
You can try multiblend:

List history about it

The tool site

Good luck!

ecs1749

Jun 1, 2012, 3:03:00 PM6/1/12
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
WORKS!!!  Very fast and processed all 147 tif files without even a slightest sigh or cough!

Carlos Eduardo G. Carvalho (Cartola)

Jun 1, 2012, 5:43:29 PM6/1/12
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Oh yeah, it is much much faster than enblend, but sometimes I've had some blend mistakes, mainly when images overlap too much. And the order you pass him the images makes difference (I guess), so, if you run in trouble someday try to change this.

It is also a good idea to read the messages about it at hugin-ptx list history.