End of JAVA support

ric...@vanhooijdonk.com

Feb 6, 2016, 1:49:53 PM2/6/16
to Hippo Community
Hi,

I was reading the Java End of Public Update Notice.
What does that mean for Hippo CMS?

We are considering Hippo, but if Java isn't supported anymore, we might skip Hippo of our prospect list.

Kind Regards,

Richard@vanhooijdonk

Mahesh Acharya

Feb 6, 2016, 5:40:34 PM2/6/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard

We are glad to hear you are considering Hippo!
What is your source of reading about "Java End of Public Update Notice"? Are you looking at a specific version of java in this case?

Best

Mahesh

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Mahesh R. ACHARYA
Solution Architect | Mobile: 781-640-5559 | Email: m.ac...@onehippo.com
Boston -  71 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02110
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
http://www.onehippo.com/

Dodo

Feb 7, 2016, 6:42:30 AM2/7/16
to Hippo Community, ric...@vanhooijdonk.com
Hi Richard,

I believe this is only for Java 7, and it happened in april 2015.
Hippo 10+ is running on Java 8, so there's nothing to worry about ;)

Kind Regards,
Dodo