Dynamic content

Nidhi chawhan

Nov 27, 2014, 5:26:32 AM11/27/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,
I want my document type as followings

1) Editor should be able to add/remove n numbers of links
2) Editorshould be able to add/remove image links.

Looking forward for your reply

Thanks,
Nidhi

Tobias Jeger

Nov 27, 2014, 5:30:38 AM11/27/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
erm... looking forward to your question..?

Tobi

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 101 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

Nidhi chawhan

Nov 27, 2014, 5:36:22 AM11/27/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hope you understand my question right??

Nidhi

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Hippo Community" group.

Tobias Jeger

Nov 27, 2014, 5:39:40 AM11/27/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
I'm afraid not, no.

Can you explain in more detail

- what you intend to do
- what you already did
- what didn't work as expected
- what "unknowns" you're facing

that would help me (and other, I hope) understand what you're after.

thanks

Tobi

Nidhi chawhan

Nov 27, 2014, 6:01:40 AM11/27/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
My Task :-  To create a document type which contains Custom compound. .
For those  Custom compound ,  i need ImageLink(Compound field)  and Links((Compound field)).
But the number of the image link and links is not fixed . and it will be decided by the editors .

So my question is there a way by means of which i editor can add or remove the image links and add or remove links while editing .

What is already done :-  created a document type having custom compounds  and added 2 image links and 2 links compound fields and displayed on images and urls on the jsp page

Not able to find the way :- how editors can create N number of image links and links in runtime while setting the content.

Reason not able to find the way because :- Hippo beans are created (having  2 getters for the image and 2 getters for the links ) .but later  if editor  creats add 2 more image links then how  content will be set and displayed in site because the bean will 2 getters for the image and 2 getters for the links.

Thanks,
Nidhi

Luis Pedro Lemos

Nov 27, 2014, 6:06:34 AM11/27/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Nidhi,

If I understood your use case correctly, you could use the content blocks plugin [1] to achieve your goal.

Cheers,

Luís

Jeroen Reijn

Nov 27, 2014, 6:11:12 AM11/27/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

see my comments inline.

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Nidhi chawhan <nidhichawhan...@gmail.com> wrote:
My Task :-  To create a document type which contains Custom compound. .
For those  Custom compound ,  i need ImageLink(Compound field)  and Links((Compound field)).
But the number of the image link and links is not fixed . and it will be decided by the editors .

So my question is there a way by means of which i editor can add or remove the image links and add or remove links while editing .

What is already done :-  created a document type having custom compounds  and added 2 image links and 2 links compound fields and displayed on images and urls on the jsp page

Not able to find the way :- how editors can create N number of image links and links in runtime while setting the content.

If you want N number of image links or N number of mirror links you can use the 'multiple' flag for a field (or compound). See also some more information about the document type editor.

Reason not able to find the way because :- Hippo beans are created (having  2 getters for the image and 2 getters for the links ) .but later  if editor  creats add 2 more image links then how  content will be set and displayed in site because the bean will 2 getters for the image and 2 getters for the links.

If you use the multiple attribute the generated bean will return a List instead of having multiple getters.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Nidhi

Cheers,

Jeroen

--
Jeroen Reijn
Hippo

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 101 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

Tobias Jeger

Nov 27, 2014, 6:15:41 AM11/27/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nidhi for the extra context. As you see, like that, the responses start coming :-)

I wanted to answer too, but Jeroen already wrote what I would have written.
In my opinion, the content blocks plugin gets interesting only when you need to enable the CMS editor to fully control the order in which these two types of fields get rendered on your page(s). If you only need "a list of images and a list of links", you're better off with the reduced complexity of using the "multiple" flag.

cheers

Tobi

Nidhi chawhan

Nov 28, 2014, 3:37:18 AM11/28/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks you all for your quick responses . It worked  :)

Jeroen Reijn