Channel manager acces

Thomas Frot

Aug 27, 2015, 5:01:42 AM8/27/15
to Hippo Community
Hi,

I have a special US group which is able to edit only the US content and documents, and to read all the content and documents from the UK and CA website.
On Staging this group can see all the channels but not edit them (even not the US channel). But on Production this group can edit all the channels.
The code is the same for both staging and production. and I'm not able to find what is different between these tow configurations. Can you please help me?

And my next question will be, can I give to the US users an edit access to the US channel and a read access the others?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

William Borg Barthet

Aug 27, 2015, 8:07:31 AM8/27/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

are you sure the hippo:configuration/hippo:domains are identical? Can you confirm this by replacing the entire hippo:domains on staging (make a backup) with the domains on production? That should exclude any differences due to security domains.

William

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 745 Atlantic Avenue, Boston, MA 02111

http://www.onehippo.com/connect/boston

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

Thomas Frot

Aug 27, 2015, 8:19:43 AM8/27/15
to Hippo Community
Hi William,

Thanks for your answer.
I just copied the entire hippo:domains node from production to staging. So now I'm sure they are both identical. But I have still the same behavior.

Thomas.

Thomas Frot

Sep 1, 2015, 3:51:57 AM9/1/15
to Hippo Community
Hello community,

I heard nothing about this problem since last Thursday. Is someone still looking on it.
Let me know if you need some more information.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas.

Olivier Bourgeois

Sep 1, 2015, 5:10:57 AM9/1/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com

Hi Thomas,

this seems to be a tricky one. So we excluded the security domains from the equation since you have copied the hippo:domains from production to staging.

The next thing I can think of is the users and groups: you could try to also copy the /hippo:configuration/hippo:roles and /hippo:configuration/hippo:groups from production to staging.

Regards,
Olivier.

Jeroen Reijn

Sep 1, 2015, 5:25:21 AM9/1/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
In relation with the security domains, it can also be the content itself. Are you sure it's exactly the same. Do you perhaps have some hippo:path matchers within your security domain or other likewise items that might not match on a different environment?
Jeroen Reijn
Hippo

Amsterdam office - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston office - 745 Atlantic Ave, Eight Floor, Boston MA 02111, United states of America.

Thomas Frot

Sep 1, 2015, 6:04:45 AM9/1/15
to Hippo Community
Hi Jeroen,

I will check the point you mentioned and let you know if it has changed something.
About my second question, Is it possible to give to a group an edit access to some channel and only a read access to some other channels?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

Thomas Frot

Sep 2, 2015, 9:20:53 AM9/2/15
to Hippo Community
Hi,

I finaly found it. There were some differences between both environments in the /hippo:configuration/hippo:groups. Some users of the US group were also member of the Webmaster group which has the role "readwrite" for the 'hstconfig" domain security.

Thanks for your help.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Olivier Bourgeois <o.bou...@onehippo.com> wrote:

Hi Thomas,

this seems to be a tricky one. So we excluded the security domains from the equation since you have copied the hippo:domains from production to staging.

The next thing I can think of is the users and groups: you could try to also copy the /hippo:configuration/hippo:roles and V from production to staging.

Regards,
Olivier.