Component inheritance in multiple pages of the same site

Nishtha Garg

Aug 16, 2017, 4:16:52 AM8/16/17
to Hippo Community
Hi,

My use case is to add a component on one page and it should be available in all other pages of the site. I am not able to find in the available documentation how the inheritance works in the components in pages. Please guide on this.

Thanks,
Nishtha

Marijan Milicevic

Aug 16, 2017, 4:39:19 AM8/16/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 10:16 AM, Nishtha Garg <nishth...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

My use case is to add a component on one page and it should be available in all other pages of the site. I am not able to find in the available documentation how the inheritance works in the components in pages. Please guide on this.

if you create an component container, it will be applied per page, see [1],
cheers
mairjan

Thanks,
Nishtha

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Message has been deleted

Nishtha Garg

Aug 16, 2017, 6:43:58 AM8/16/17
to Hippo Community
If I create a component container on one page, how will other pages come to know that is the component has been added or not.
For example, if I add a banner component on my homepage, how will it come on landing page and details page?

Marijan Milicevic

Aug 16, 2017, 6:59:02 AM8/16/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 12:43 PM, Nishtha Garg <nishth...@gmail.com> wrote:
If I create a component container on one page, how will other pages come to know that is the component has been added or not.
For example, if I add a banner component on my homepage, how will it come on landing page and details page?

now you are asking for complete opposite, for that use standard component  setup and inheritance:

cheers
marijan