Primary document for dynamic prototype pages

msim...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2015, 12:48:58 PM9/1/15
to Hippo Community
Hi guys,

We've set up some prototype pages, so that we can have people create new pages within the Channel Manager. This is working fine.

Looking at this page http://www.onehippo.org/library/concepts/template-composer/page-management.html , it looks like it should be possible to set a Primary Document for a page created in this way, by going to Page Settings.

However, there's no option there to set a primary document. This would solve all/some of our problems!

We're still running 7.9.3. Is it possible to do this?

Thanks for your help,
Mark.

Ard Schrijvers

Sep 2, 2015, 4:57:47 AM9/2/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Primary document support has been added in 10.0 so unfortunately this
is not available in the 7.9.3. With the 10.0, whenever from a
component on a page you have selected a document (via JcrPath or
DocumentLink annotation) it becomes available to be selected as
primary document. Also in 10.0 without using primary document, there
is fallback linkrewriting to 'component picked documents' which also
solves quite some of the problem customers had before with page
management. The features where however quite invasive and way too
large to backport

Regards Ard

> Thanks for your help,
> Mark.
>
> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> "Hippo Community" group.
> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.

Hippo Netherlands, Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hippo USA, Inc.- 745 Atlantic Ave, Eight Floor, Boston MA 02111,
United states of America.

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

msim...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2015, 6:06:14 AM9/2/15
to Hippo Community
Hi Ard,

Aaah I did wonder if it was a feature of 10. All the more reason to upgrade then!

Thanks for your help.
Mark.

Ard Schrijvers

Sep 2, 2015, 6:21:46 AM9/2/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 12:06 PM, <msim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ard,
>
> Aaah I did wonder if it was a feature of 10. All the more reason to upgrade
> then!
>
> Thanks for your help.

You're welcome

Regards Ard