authentication over https not working

Ricardo Tangali

Oct 25, 2016, 4:28:40 AM10/25/16
to Hippo Community
Hello I have a migrated project from 7.7 to 10.2 and it seems to have a problem with login over https.
The login used to work on the 7.7 implementation.
With the http scheme it does work.

For testing locally I've set up apache like mentioned in the documentation (httpd configured for ssl support).

Once I go to https://mywebsite.com/login/form I wil get the login screen. But when I login, it fails. It will redirect to http://mywebsite.com/login/resource which it wont find since it's http.

Does anyone recognize this problem?

Ard Schrijvers

Oct 25, 2016, 4:31:02 AM10/25/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ricardo,

can you compare with a plain vanilla archetype created project? In
there, you'll see below
hst:hst/hst:configurations/hst:default/hst:sitemap a 'login' sitemap
entry. This one is set to 'https'. Can you check you also have this in
your upgraded project

HTH,

Regards Ard
> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> "Hippo Community" group.
> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.

Hippo Netherlands, Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hippo USA, Inc. 71 Summer Street, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02110, United
states of America.

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

Ricardo Tangali

Oct 25, 2016, 6:31:16 AM10/25/16
to Hippo Community
Hey Ard,

yes I have this on https. the 'login' sitemapitem is the same as a fresh 10.2 installation

Ard Schrijvers

Oct 25, 2016, 9:34:48 AM10/25/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ricardo,

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 12:31 PM, Ricardo Tangali
<ricardo...@incentro.com> wrote:
> Hey Ard,
>
> yes I have this on https. the 'login' sitemapitem is the same as a fresh
> 10.2 installation

I recommend to compare further with a plain vanilla archetype created
project. In there it works out of the box over https

HTH,

Regards Ard