Auto Export Docs into separate XML files

jimmy...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2015, 5:24:01 PM1/30/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to tell Hippo CMS to create separate XML files for each document type when exporting content via auto-export?  I imported the content in one massive XML file, but I would like it broken down by document type.

Thanks.

Olivier Bourgeois

Jan 30, 2015, 5:59:05 PM1/30/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jimmy,

   the configuration of the auto-export is not per document type but is using paths instead: check the "Multiple content modules" section that explains how you can break down your auto-export files:

Regards,
Olivier.

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

jimmy...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2015, 1:09:39 PM2/1/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
So, I tried this:

bootstrap/content/documents/NAMESPACE/products:/content/documents/NAMESPACE/products

But it did not seem to work.  Is this not the correct pattern?

-Jimmy

jimmy...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2015, 9:37:25 PM2/1/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com, jimmy...@gmail.com
We are seeing this error, that is virtually impossible to track down.  It happens when we delete docs or when we create docs.  In searching, we see a similar bug report in Hippo's JIRA:  https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/CMS7-8250

We do have dots in the namespace names in our config and content.  Could the dots be the culprit here?  With the dots in the namespace in the autoexport module config, the auto export seems to be failing.

Stack Trace:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 01.02.2015 20:59:47 ERROR pool-4-thread-1 [EventProcessor$1.run:97] java.lang.NullPointerException : null

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] java.lang.NullPointerException

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.onehippo.cms7.autoexport.InitializeItemFactory.createInitializeItem(InitializeItemFactory.java:71)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.onehippo.cms7.autoexport.EventProcessor.processEvents(EventProcessor.java:232)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.onehippo.cms7.autoexport.EventProcessor.access$000(EventProcessor.java:54)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.onehippo.cms7.autoexport.EventProcessor$1.run(EventProcessor.java:93)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:292)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Olivier Bourgeois

Feb 2, 2015, 6:27:35 AM2/2/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jimmy,

   yes, looking at the issue you found, that would be the dots. I guess using dots in conjunction with auto-export is not something we've seen before last august (hence the bug).

Regards,
Olivier.