java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.onehippo.cms7.services.lock.LockManager

Robert van der Spek

Dec 15, 2017, 6:03:47 AM12/15/17
to Hippo Community
We are trying to upgrade from Hippo 11.2.3 to 11.2.4, but we are getting an issue with the LockManager. I've read in the release notes that an extra table has to be made for the LockManager. In our dev environment we are using the standard H2 database, and we have not disabled the creation of new tables.

Unfortunately we get a class not found exception on org.onehippo.cms7.services.lock.LockManager

This results in the repository not being available. Could this mean the table can not be automatically created?

Any ideas on how to fix this?

15-Dec-2017 11:53:50.858 SEVERE [RMI TCP Connection(2)-127.0.0.1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup Servlet [Repository] in web application [/cms] threw load() exception
 java
.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.onehippo.cms7.services.lock.LockManager
    at org
.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1333)
    at org
.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1167)
    at java
.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java
.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
    at org
.hippoecm.repository.HippoRepositoryFactory.getLocalHippoRepositoryClass(HippoRepositoryFactory.java:40)
    at org
.hippoecm.repository.HippoRepositoryFactory.getHippoRepository(HippoRepositoryFactory.java:147)
    at org
.hippoecm.repository.RepositoryServlet.init(RepositoryServlet.java:189)
    at org
.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1227)
    at org
.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1140)
    at org
.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1027)
    at org
.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:5038)
    at org
.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5348)
    at org
.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:145)
    at org
.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:753)
    at org
.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:729)
    at org
.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:717)
    at org
.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.manageApp(HostConfig.java:1696)
    at sun
.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun
.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun
.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java
.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org
.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean.invoke(BaseModelMBean.java:300)
    at com
.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:819)
    at com
.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:801)
    at org
.apache.catalina.mbeans.MBeanFactory.createStandardContext(MBeanFactory.java:484)
    at org
.apache.catalina.mbeans.MBeanFactory.createStandardContext(MBeanFactory.java:433)
    at sun
.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun
.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun
.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java
.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org
.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean.invoke(BaseModelMBean.java:300)
    at com
.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:819)
    at com
.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:801)
    at javax
.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1468)
    at javax
.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access$300(RMIConnectionImpl.java:76)
    at javax
.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$PrivilegedOperation.run(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1309)
    at javax
.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1401)
    at javax
.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(RMIConnectionImpl.java:829)
    at sun
.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun
.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun
.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java
.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at sun
.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:346)
    at sun
.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:200)
    at sun
.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:197)
    at java
.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at sun
.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:196)
    at sun
.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:568)
    at sun
.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:826)
    at sun
.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.lambda$run$0(TCPTransport.java:683)
    at java
.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at sun
.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:682)
    at java
.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java
.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java
.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Ard Schrijvers

Dec 15, 2017, 6:20:30 AM12/15/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey Robert,

Did you perhaps override the version of <hippo.services.version> in
your end project? If so, remove the override. You need version 3.2.1
of the hippo services api.

HTH,

Regards Ard
> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> "Hippo Community" group.
> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.

Hippo Netherlands, Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hippo USA, Inc. 71 Summer Street, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02110, United
states of America.

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

Robert van der Spek

Dec 15, 2017, 7:42:17 AM12/15/17
to Hippo Community
We did not override the hippo.services.version. I checked the libraries to be sure and there it is: Maven: org.onehippo.cms7:hippo-services:3.2.1

So unfortunately there is another problem...

Ard Schrijvers

Dec 15, 2017, 8:15:33 AM12/15/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Can you make sure the hippo-services are in the shared lib?

Regards Ard

Ard Schrijvers

Dec 15, 2017, 8:17:56 AM12/15/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
ps you can see the class is there in the tag:

https://code.onehippo.org/cms-community/hippo-services-api/blob/hippo-services-3.2.1/src/main/java/org/onehippo/cms7/services/lock/LockManager.java

So I expect something odd in your setup. Can you double check the
libraries in the target and double check the services are in the
shared lib with the right version

Regards Ard

Robert van der Spek

Dec 15, 2017, 8:34:52 AM12/15/17
to Hippo Community

As far as I can see, everything is where it should be... :

Arent-Jan Banck

Dec 15, 2017, 8:44:23 AM12/15/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
In the past I have seen similar issues when a project is not properly cleaned after an upgrade and the Tomcat shared/lib contains both the old and new version of the services. You can try doing a clean of the project and also check the shared/lib and other folders for files related to the previous release.

Regards,
- AJ

Ard Schrijvers

Robert van der Spek

Dec 15, 2017, 9:27:44 AM12/15/17
to Hippo Community
I am using TomCat server running in IntelliJ. You are right that the problem is here. Commandline -Pcargo.run is working quite fine...

Robert van der Spek

Dec 15, 2017, 10:01:30 AM12/15/17
to Hippo Community
After some manual copy-pasting it is now working.

Thanks for hinting me in the right direction.