Developer trail, channel manager problem

kitty.liem

Nov 25, 2014, 10:31:06 AM11/25/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm travelling the Developer Trail to learn about the essentials and I'm having a problem with the Channel Manager.

Using JSP and a fancy template, I got to the step Configure Home Page and now I have to get the banner on the home page and Channel Manager gives up on me:
Fout opgetreden in het iframe, channel wordt opnieuw geinitialiseerd.

At first I thought it was the template and tried again using as little as possible from the template but stilll no luck...

What to do??

Regards,
Kitty.

Ard Schrijvers

Nov 25, 2014, 10:32:41 AM11/25/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey Kitty,

do you get any javascript errors (check the response body as well) or
stacktraces in the logs?

Regards Ard
> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> "Hippo Community" group.
> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

kitty.liem

Nov 25, 2014, 11:12:43 AM11/25/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ard,

See attachement for js. No stacktraces i logs.

Op dinsdag 25 november 2014 16:32:41 UTC+1 schreef a.schrijvers:
channelmanagererror.rtf

kitty.liem

Nov 27, 2014, 4:28:39 AM11/27/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
I did found an error in the Markers for JSP:

Description Resource Path Location Type
Can not find the tag directory "/WEB-INF/tags" taglibs.jspf /myhippoproject-site/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jspf line 6 JSP Problem

Though resolving this does not help. (adding a tags folder, maven updating project)

Regards,
Kitty.

marijan milicevic

Nov 27, 2014, 4:40:28 AM11/27/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kitty,

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 10:28 AM, kitty.liem <kitty...@hinttech.com> wrote:
I did found an error in the Markers for JSP:

Description Resource Path Location Type
Can not find the tag directory "/WEB-INF/tags" taglibs.jspf /myhippoproject-site/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jspf line 6 JSP Problem

Though resolving this does not help. (adding a tags folder, maven updating project)

there are a lot syntax errors reported (see below),
could you check if your markup files are ok?

cheers
marijan

<!­­ { "refNS":"r7_r3", "xtype":"HST.Span", "HST­LastModified":"1413195063812",

"uuid":"c34643cf­58e0­44cf­b4a3­688a46816856", "type":"CONTAINER_COMPONENT",

"url":"/site/_cmsinternal/_hn:component­rendering%7Cr7_r3"} ' voor element 'HTML > BODY >

DIV[class=hst­container]' SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

(program):353 Skipping empty element "HTML > BODY > DIV[class=hst­container]" with no meta

data.

kitty.liem

Nov 27, 2014, 1:38:27 PM11/27/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

After looking at the uuid, it seems the problem was in the attached jsp. No idea why.

I have 1 question about the carousel box/area in the channel manager: is it supposed to be very small? 20px?

You can close this item. For now it seems that most of my problems are in the css files with the archetype and the template I'm using.

Thanks!
Kitty.

Op donderdag 27 november 2014 10:40:28 UTC+1 schreef marijan milicevic:
bottom.txt