Solr Index All documents.

Juan Simon Rico Jimenez

Mar 5, 2015, 9:48:51 PM3/5/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I need to run a process to index all documents in the repository into solr, currently I am using a restful service that wipes out the index and then indexes all documents but it is taking so long that the response never gets to the browser even though the process gets executed normally. I am using HippoSolrClient to index each document. I was wondering if there is a way I can have a process run when the site gets deployed so I don't have to do this manually, maybe through a ServletContextListener but how to get the jcr session?

marijan milicevic

Mar 6, 2015, 3:20:01 AM3/6/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Juan,

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 3:48 AM, Juan Simon Rico Jimenez <sir...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I need to run a process to index all documents in the repository into solr, currently I am using a restful service that wipes out the index and then indexes all documents but it is taking so long that the response never gets to the browser even though the process gets executed normally. I am using HippoSolrClient to index each document. I was wondering if there is a way I can have a process run when the site gets deployed so I don't have to do this manually, maybe through a ServletContextListener but how to get the jcr session?

please check [1] and pages below it,
cheers
marijan

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)