copy document

zakijuma

Oct 31, 2014, 6:55:54 AM10/31/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

i have made a copy of a document from one site to another. when i edit the copied version nothing happens.
in preview i still see the content of the original document. is there a reference that i should change?

thanks, zaki

Jasper Floor

Oct 31, 2014, 7:01:27 AM10/31/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
When you say you copied a document how did you do this?

You see the original content, by this do you mean the content in the copy? Was there any document there before? Did you save the changes?

mvg,
Jasper

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

zakijuma

Oct 31, 2014, 7:20:29 AM10/31/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
When you say you copied a document how did you do this?
>>>open a document via menu document>cop and i choose a destination folder.

You see the original content, by this do you mean the content in the copy?
   >>yes

Was there any document there before?
    >>no

Did you save the changes?
    >>> i edited the copied version > save > publish it. but on in preview(cms) and via browser i see              the content of the original document.

Jasper Floor

Oct 31, 2014, 7:33:44 AM10/31/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
For the preview publishing shouldn't matter only saving. I assume you do see the changes in the cms.

Are you sure your sitemapitem references this document and not the one on the other site?

What do you see if you delete the document?

mvg,
Jasper

zakijuma

Oct 31, 2014, 8:09:43 AM10/31/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com

For the preview publishing shouldn't matter only saving. I assume you do see the changes in the cms.
>>No

Are you sure your sitemapitem references this document and not the one on the other site?
>> it is a footer document type that is used on every page.

What do you see if you delete the document?
>>i removed the copied version and oddly enough I still see the contents of the original document. so it seems that copied document is not used.

Jasper Floor

Oct 31, 2014, 8:20:30 AM10/31/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Have a look at your component and template definitions. Make a change in the document you copied from, if this is reflected in the site then you at least know what is being referenced.

mvg,
Jasper

zakijuma

Nov 1, 2014, 12:22:18 PM11/1/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jasper,
Thanks for your help. my colleague has found that hst:channelinfo was not set correctly. there was a reference to a footer document form another channel.

zakijuma

Nov 1, 2014, 12:22:52 PM11/1/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com