Site Menu management

arvip...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2015, 4:31:55 PM3/3/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We want to use Hippo as CMS authoring only tool and we do not want to use hippo delivery tier I mean we do not want to write any front end code in the site webapp also mean we do not want to use channel manager.

How could we manage the site menu in hippo. Could we manage the site menu similar to document tab where the documents are organised?

please let me know if I am not clear in my question.

Thanks
Arvind

Jeroen Reijn

Mar 4, 2015, 7:14:24 AM3/4/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 10:31 PM, <arvip...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

We want to use Hippo as CMS authoring only tool and we do not want to use hippo delivery tier I mean we do not want to write any front end code in the site webapp also mean we do not want to use channel manager.

I guess you will take the REST approach then?

How could we manage the site menu in hippo. Could we manage the site menu similar to document tab where the documents are organised?

Well you could also just create a document (type) that represents the menu (or generate it from the folder structure). This really depends on your requirements and performance requirements.

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Jeroen Reijn
Hippo

Amsterdam office - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston office - 745 Atlantic Ave, Eight Floor, Boston MA 02111, United states of America.

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

http://blog.jeroenreijn.com | @jreijn | http://about.me/jeroenreijn