@JcrPath isRelative not working

Ricardo Tangali

Nov 30, 2015, 5:40:46 AM11/30/15
to Hippo Community
Hello,
for a catalog item I want to use a document picker with a relative initial path. For this I set the following configuration on my document picker: isRelative=true, pickerRemembersLastVisited=false.
This doesn't seem to work. It does work when I set isRelative=false and change the pickerInitialPath to an absolute path.

Is there something missing?

Bert Leunis

Nov 30, 2015, 6:53:16 AM11/30/15
to Hippo Community
Hey Ricardo,

I tried it out and it seems indeed that something is not 100% ok. The pickerInitialPath is meant to be used with a absolute and a relative path, so that cannot be the problem. I found that if you don't set the pickerRemembersLastVisited to false it won't work. But then.... that is exactly how you configured it. And then it should work. So I don't know what is wrong in your case. Can you describe in more detail what you think is wrong?

Please note that the "isRelative" configuration is about the stored value in the property of the component, not about the path that is used for the link picker dialog.

This is my setup:
- site A with content path /content/documents/A/library
- site B with content path /content/documents/B/library

Annotation:
@JcrPath(pickerInitialPath = "library", isRelative = true, pickerRemembersLastVisited = false)
In both channels when I use the picker on a component config dialog box, the picker opens with the "library" folder selected.

The problem that occurs when pickerRemembersLastVisited=true is that in channel A the folder is selected correctly. But not when I go to channel B. I think that what is "remembered" is the absolute path (/content/documents/A/library) and not the relative path. I don't know who takes care of the remembering here: may be HST/the component property dialog, may also be the picker.

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Ard Schrijvers

Dec 1, 2015, 4:37:17 AM12/1/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
It is the picker in the CMS that remember the last location. I noticed
in the past as well that it is quite a bit annoying, because if you
have multiple @JcrPath annotated properties, the
'pickerRemembersLastVisited' is shared between the properties. It
would be much nicer if there would be a 'pickerRemembersLastVisited'
*per* property as this is how you would normally like it. Note this is
from the top of my head, but I believe this was my experience last
time I worked with the picker resulting from @JcrPath

Regards Ard
--
Hippo Netherlands, Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hippo USA, Inc. 71 Summer Street, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02110, United

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com