Missing Country Flags in Channel Manager

Isaac Truett

Jan 28, 2015, 5:05:05 PM1/28/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
I have created several channels, some representing different websites and others which are localized versions of a single website. All of the content folders show the appropriate country flags. Inside the channel manager, however, only the US flags are shown for the en_US locale sites. The other channels show a generic globe icon.

In hst:hosts the hst:locale is set to en_US. None of the US channel mounts specify an hst:locale property and they correctly show the US flag in Channel Manager. Other sites (e.g., UK and Canada) specify an hst:locale on their channel mount node to override the locale (en_GB and en_CA respectively). Those channels are the ones that show up in Channel Manager with the generic globe icon instead of the country flag.

Everything else related to localization seems to be working properly. I can create "translated" versions of documents and interact with them as expected. The only missing element I have found so far is the icons in the Channel Manager.

Any ideas about what's missing from my configuration?

Thanks!

Niels van Kampenhout

Jan 28, 2015, 5:28:12 PM1/28/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
You probably need to add or configure the channel manager icons for
en_GB and en_CA, see:

http://www.onehippo.org/library/concepts/channels/configure-the-channelmanager-icon-overview.html

"Default there are icons provided for the following locales:
zh_CN, de_DE, en_US, fr_FR, nl_NL and ru_RU"

Hope this helps,

Niels

Isaac Truett

Jan 29, 2015, 8:56:48 AM1/29/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that looks very promising. Thank you, Niels.

It's interesting that UK- and Canada-flag folder icons were provided out of the box but I have to configure those same flags for the Channel Manager view.