PRODUCT ADVICE

mario...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2015, 6:00:49 AM3/2/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am looking for a java cms to start a personal project and i would like to pick on your experience and hear your advice.

Myself: I got some (poor) experience developing with Java.

CMS-Experience: Magnolia-cms: I developed for magnolia a couple years ago. For the last few months, i tried to install v5, but i ended up with diferent exceptions when updating modules with maven. Never managed to have it fully up and running.

What I am looking for in the java cms:
 - The Project would be more like a blog but with sites instead of blogs: 1 user per 'site' and with access restricted to the site. 1 admin with full access (myself).
 - I would like something that would allow me to start the configuration and deployment easily. Something easy to install an deploy. I would like to concentrate more on the development.

I would like your advice on:
 - have you tried this hosting: http://www.arvixe.com/Hippo_CMS_hosting? they claim they provide ' free installation* of Hippo CMS , to get you up and running quickly. ' I am checking with them as well, but i would appreciate users' input.

 - Any quick-start? Documentation from hippo-cms looks very good but some things i can't manage to put indications in a bigger scope. I am looking for simple step-by-step guide: install project, set up eclipse (plugins needed, etc), deploy project.

Looking forward to hear from yourselves.

Thank you.

Anoop Gangadharan

Mar 2, 2015, 7:12:24 AM3/2/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mario

Thank you for reaching out to us. We do not know Arvixe, and they are not a partner. We will ask them to remove our logo.
As for your question regarding a quickstart, the Getting Started trail walks you through setting up a project while the Development trails help you build a custom CMS and develop advanced features. You may also want to check out Import your project into EclipseLet me know if need any further help.
Happy browsing !

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Anoop Gangadharan
Product Marketing Manager
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam | Boston - 101 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142

Jean Walterz

Mar 3, 2015, 11:25:06 AM3/3/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com, mario...@gmail.com
I have already read it somewhere that Magnolia is the partner of Arvixe. Thanks for the clarification.