CND file not updated

Eric Nguyen personal

Mar 5, 2015, 4:47:11 AM3/5/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
What I've done:
  1. Stopped the project
  2. Edited the CND file to remove the document types I no longer want.
  3. Ran mvn clean install
  4. Increased the version of the project in pom.xml from 1.01.01-SNAPSHOT to 1.01.02-SNAPSHOT
  5. Ran mvn verify
  6. Verified that in /bootstrap/target/classes/namespaces/ the CND file has been updated
  7. Ran mvn -Pcargo.run -Drepo.path=storage

Expected result: CMS Console >> Export CND >> my project name shows the updated CND file
Actual result: CMS Console >> Export CND >> my project name shows the old CND file with all the unwanted document types

What am I missing?

Tobias Jeger

Mar 5, 2015, 4:53:22 AM3/5/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
The old CND is buried (and pretty much frozen) in the repository (in your storage directory). To get rid of it, you have to wipe out the storage directory and restart the CMS. Then, a fresh repository, containing the desired CND, is bootstrapped based on the bootstrap resources in your project. Beware: wiping the storage directory will erase all repository content, for which you have no corresponding bootstrap resources in your project.

HTH

Tobi

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 101 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

marijan milicevic

Mar 5, 2015, 5:15:39 AM3/5/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Tobias Jeger <t.j...@onehippo.com> wrote:
The old CND is buried (and pretty much frozen) in the repository (in your storage directory). To get rid of it, you have to wipe out the storage directory and restart the CMS. Then, a fresh repository, containing the desired CND, is bootstrapped based on the bootstrap resources in your project. Beware: wiping the storage directory will erase all repository content, for which you have no corresponding bootstrap resources in your project.

or keep your current storage and change last step into:

7. Ran mvn -Pcargo.run -Drepo.path=storage2

cheers
marijan

Eric Nguyen personal

Mar 5, 2015, 9:23:46 PM3/5/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
We should be able to update the CND file without jeopardising the contents: http://www.onehippo.org/trails/developer-trail/develop-advanced-features/calculate-average-ratings.html
I was able to do that when I followed your tutorial.
But it's not working now

Tobias Jeger

Mar 6, 2015, 4:43:28 AM3/6/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Adding stuff to the CND is backwards-compatible and can therefore be done safely on the fly. Removing stuff is not, and therefore different from what's done in the developer trail.

cheers

Tobi

Eric Nguyen personal

Mar 7, 2015, 2:23:52 AM3/7/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Interesting to know, thanks Tobi.
This is a sad truth however

Tobias Jeger

Mar 9, 2015, 4:25:29 AM3/9/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
It's certainly something you need to be aware of as a Hippo developer.

cheers

Tobi