Year facet

Frederic Close

Oct 20, 2014, 5:44:39 AM10/20/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have implemented a facet based on date and using only the year.

I have a question about this:  how can I have documents before year 2010 to be stored in an "archive" facet and not see a facet for each year before 2010.

Frederic

Frederic Close

Oct 20, 2014, 8:46:12 AM10/20/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

one of the way I found to achieve what I want is to have my facet defined like this:

mynamespace:date$[
{name:'2014', resolution:'year', begin:0, end:1},
{name:'2013', resolution:'year', begin:-1, end:0},
{name:'2012', resolution:'year', begin:-2, end:-1},
{name:'archives', resolution:'year', end:-2}]

the problem is that each year the facet will have to be updated manually.

any other solution ?

Frederic

Ard Schrijvers

Oct 21, 2014, 12:07:16 PM10/21/14
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey Frederic,

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 2:46 PM, Frederic Close <fr...@closebase.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> one of the way I found to achieve what I want is to have my facet defined
> like this:
>
> mynamespace:date$[
> {name:'2014', resolution:'year', begin:0, end:1},
> {name:'2013', resolution:'year', begin:-1, end:0},
> {name:'2012', resolution:'year', begin:-2, end:-1},
> {name:'archives', resolution:'year', end:-2}]
>

> the problem is that each year the facet will have to be updated manually.

Yes, this is known and unfortunately, currently the only solution.

> any other solution ?

No sorry. I had plans ones to support moving ranges but never made it

Regards Ard

> Frederic
>

> On Monday, October 20, 2014 11:44:39 AM UTC+2, Frederic Close wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have implemented a facet based on date and using only the year.
>>
>> I have a question about this: how can I have documents before year 2010
>> to be stored in an "archive" facet and not see a facet for each year before
>> 2010.
>>
>> Frederic
>>

> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> "Hippo Community" group.
> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com