FTL stack trace - Displaying document title, document content in list-template doesn't work

timongoe...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2015, 3:46:58 AM9/1/15
to Hippo Community, timon.go...@imis.ch
Hello Community

I tried to deploy my local onehippo-project to a dev server with copying the repository and the '/bootstrap/webfiles/.../resources/site/'-folder to the server.
Actually it seems to work, the only thing that doesn't work is displaying document title, document content etc. from list-templates like the default contentlist-main-contentlist.ftl.
(With <@hst.html hippohtml=item.content/>)
When I navigate to a page which has to display one of those templates, following error has been thrown: [txt-file as attachement]

Have you any idea how I could solve my problem?

Thank you very much for every help

Best regards
Timon

listtemplate-warnings.txt

Bert Leunis

Sep 1, 2015, 4:31:19 AM9/1/15
to Hippo Community
On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 9:46 AM, <timongoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Community

I tried to deploy my local onehippo-project to a dev server with copying the repository and the '/bootstrap/webfiles/.../resources/site/'-folder to the server.
This manual step should not be necessary. The instructions in /bootstrap/webfiles/src/main/resources/hippoecm-extension.xml should bootstrap the webfiles into the repository.

Actually it seems to work, the only thing that doesn't work is displaying document title, document content etc. from list-templates like the default contentlist-main-contentlist.ftl.
(With <@hst.html hippohtml=item.content/>)
When I navigate to a page which has to display one of those templates, following error has been thrown: [txt-file as attachement]

Have you any idea how I could solve my problem?
Several options: does the document have any value in that field? Maybe not, and the .ftl should deal with that situation. Enclose it in an <#if item.title??> statement for example.
Is is also possible that HST cannot find the correct bean to wrap the JCR node in. The page at [1] gives some insight. Were the beans actually part of the tagged and deployed artifacts?

[1] http://www.onehippo.org/library/concepts/web-application/automatic-scanning-for-content-bean-annotated-classes.html

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

timongoe...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2015, 10:21:41 AM9/1/15
to Hippo Community
Hi, thank you for your answer

Am Dienstag, 1. September 2015 10:31:19 UTC+2 schrieb b.leunis:

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 9:46 AM, <timongoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Community

I tried to deploy my local onehippo-project to a dev server with copying the repository and the '/bootstrap/webfiles/.../resources/site/'-folder to the server.
This manual step should not be necessary. The instructions in /bootstrap/webfiles/src/main/resources/hippoecm-extension.xml should bootstrap the webfiles into the repository.
Without the manual step the /resources/-folder haven't been deployed correctly.

Actually it seems to work, the only thing that doesn't work is displaying document title, document content etc. from list-templates like the default contentlist-main-contentlist.ftl.
(With <@hst.html hippohtml=item.content/>)
When I navigate to a page which has to display one of those templates, following error has been thrown: [txt-file as attachement]

Have you any idea how I could solve my problem?
Several options: does the document have any value in that field? Maybe not, and the .ftl should deal with that situation. Enclose it in an <#if item.title??> statement for example.
Is is also possible that HST cannot find the correct bean to wrap the JCR node in. The page at [1] gives some insight. Were the beans actually part of the tagged and deployed artifacts?
The documents have values in the fields and enclosing it in <#if>-tags doesn't help at all, the errors are still displayed.

Thank you very much for every help

Best regards
Timon

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

I think the way I deployed is completely wrong, but i'm not be able to make head or tail of the deployment-documentation from onehippo.
What have I do with those generated distribution-packages from [1], and what have I beside the repository to copy to the dev-server?

Could you please help me there, too?

Thank you very much

[1] http://www.onehippo.org/library/deployment/deploy-a-project-distribution.html

Best regards
Timon

Bert Leunis

Sep 1, 2015, 10:48:27 AM9/1/15
to Hippo Community
Hello Timon,

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 4:21 PM, <timongoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, thank you for your answer

Am Dienstag, 1. September 2015 10:31:19 UTC+2 schrieb b.leunis:

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 9:46 AM, <timongoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Community

I tried to deploy my local onehippo-project to a dev server with copying the repository and the '/bootstrap/webfiles/.../resources/site/'-folder to the server.
This manual step should not be necessary. The instructions in /bootstrap/webfiles/src/main/resources/hippoecm-extension.xml should bootstrap the webfiles into the repository.
Without the manual step the /resources/-folder haven't been deployed correctly.
It does sound like you copy files from your local machine to a folder on your server. That is not necessary. The artifacts in the bootstrap/webfiles folder are part of the distribution and are bootstrapped into the repository from the deployed application.

[...]

These pages have been reorganized lately to make the different aspects and steps of deployment more clear. Although they have been reviewed they still may have litte unclairities that we can resolve through this kind of feedback.

Back to your problem: the lines under the heading "Installing the Distribution" instruct you to unzip the distribution file. I don't know how we can make that any more clear.
You say you copied your repository to the dev-server. That should not be necessary. You configure to use a certain database on that server (see the section at [2]), and then at the first deployment the empty repository is populated from bootstrap files in the deployed distribution files. Just like it happens when you restart your local project with an empty storage.

Could you please help me there, too?

Thank you very much

[1] http://www.onehippo.org/library/deployment/deploy-a-project-distribution.html

Best regards
Timon

timongoe...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2015, 9:33:56 AM9/2/15
to Hippo Community
Hello b.leunis

Thank you again for your input and your help
I get how to create and install the distribution by itself. I saw now that for the dev-server another database is necessary (not the default H2-Database) [3]. In the documentation about the installation- and configuration steps from the new database is a repository.xml file needed because the documentation assumes you've followed the Linux Installation Manual [4].
But this repository.xml doesn't exist in my case because I followed the 'create the project' tutorial. [5]

Have I to create the project on the dev-server manually or is that irrelevant to follow the documentation about the database installation, the deployment and so on?

Could you please help me there, too?

Thank you very much

[1] http://www.onehippo.org/library/deployment/deploy-a-project-distribution.html

Best regards
Timon

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Bert Leunis

Jeroen Reijn

Sep 3, 2015, 5:12:48 AM9/3/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Timon,

if you want to use a different database you need to create your own repository.xml. I always put that locally in my 'conf' directory of the project. If you use mysql you can base it upon the one described at [1]. You can specify your local project to include the repository.xml within the distribution, by changing the assembly descriptor (see the dist profile).

This way you can deploy it to your remote server and you just need to tell tomcat to use that specific repository.xml instead of the embedded one.

Cheers,

Jeroen

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 3:33 PM, <timongoe...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Jeroen Reijn
Hippo

Amsterdam office - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston office - 745 Atlantic Ave, Eight Floor, Boston MA 02111, United states of America.

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

Message has been deleted

timongoe...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2015, 2:34:31 AM9/4/15
to Hippo Community
Hi b.leunis and Jeroen

@b.leunis
Yes, I formulated it very unclearly.
But now I think I'm on a good way. Now I installed onehippo on the dev server manual (with the manual instruction.) Not it seems to work much better.

Thank you very much for your help, you helped me a lot.

@Jeroen
Also a big thank to you!

Best regards
Timon

Bert Leunis

Sep 4, 2015, 3:23:05 AM9/4/15
to Hippo Community
On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 8:34 AM, <timongoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi b.leunis and Jeroen

@b.leunis
Yes, I formulated it very unclearly.
But now I think I'm on a good way. Now I installed onehippo on the dev server manual (with the manual instruction.) Not it seems to work much better.
Great that you got it to work! Thanks for letting us know.

Regards, Bert